An Inconvenient Truth (2006)
Davis Guggenheim, Al Gore
Based on the video; please answer the questions below in thoughtful and complete
1. What image started the modern day environmental movement?
2. What is considered the most vulnerable part of the earth system?
3. How can trapping infrared radiation by the earth’s atmosphere be a GOOD thing?
4. How can trapping infrared radiation by the earth’s atmosphere be a BAD thing?
5. What is the relationship between carbon dioxide (CO2) and atmospheric temperature?
6. Over what time period have the hottest 10 years on earth occurred?
7. What consequences has the climate change got on precipitations?
8. Why is the sea level rising? What will it cause?
9. What countries are the largest contributors of greenhouse gases into the atmosphere?
10. What countries are more bound to suffer its consequences?
11. Which two nations have not signed onto the Kyoto Protocol?
12. Do you think that Al Gore is correct in his assumptions?
13. Can we stop global warming?
14. Are you optimistic about the future of your planet?
WRITE A COMPOSITION ON ONE OF THESE TOPICS:
1. Produce a leaflet to encourage people to reduce their carbon emissions.
2. Write a letter to your local MP to encourage him to take action against global