2008 ~ 2009 学年 第 2 学期 考试日期 2009 年 6 月 25 日
考试时间 90 分钟
科目 网络基础（A 卷）
数理学院教育技术专业 本科 07 年级 师范/应用 班 姓名 学号_____________
题号 一 二 三 四 五 六 七 八 总分
Part I: Multiple choices (30*2=60)
1. What are two components of network architecture? (Choose two.)
A. people that comprise the human network
B. programmed services and protocols that move the messages across the network
C. corporations that operate and maintain the data network
D. technologies that support network communications
E. data transferred across the network
2. Routers operate at layer __. LAN switches operate at layer __. Ethernet hubs
operate at layer __. Word processing software operates at layer __.
A. 3, 3, 1, 7
B. 3, 2, 1, none
C. 3, 2, 1, 7
D. 2, 3, 1, 7
E. 3, 3, 2, none
3. When data is encapsulated, which is the correct order?
A. Data, frame, packet, segment, bit
B. Segment, data, packet, frame, bit
C. Data, segment, packet, frame, bit
D. Data, segment, frame, packet, bit
4. Which type of addressing is found at the OSI Layer 2? (Choose two.)
Page 1 of 8
5. A network administrator is troubleshooting failed access to www.cisco.com.
Typing the IP address of the web server into the browser successfully brings up the
web page. What application layer protocol is responsible for the failure?
6. What is the purpose of TCP/UDP port numbers?
A. Identify the number of data packets that may be sent without acknowledgment
B. Track different conversations crossing the network at the same time
C. Reassemble the segments into the correct order
D. Indicate the beginning of a three-way handshake
7. Which protocol is connectionless?
8. Which protocol utilizes port 80?
9. What commands can be used to view a hosts routing table? (Choose two.)
B. ipconfig /all
D. netstat -r
E. route PRINT
10. Refer to the exhibit. The numbers in the exhibit are part of a single subnet. Which
statements are true regarding these numbers? (Choose three.)
A. They have 5 low-order bits in common.
B. 192.168.223.99 is a feasible network number for their range.
C. Their final octet has 4 of the most significant bits in common.
D. 255.255.255.224 is an appropriate mask for their range.
Page 2 of 8
E. They have 27 high-order bits in common.
F. 192.168.223.127 is the broadcast address for their range.
11. Which address type has all host bits set to 1?
12. A result of netstat command as following
Proto Local Address Foreign Address State
TCP 192.168.254.1:1688 192.168.254.254:21 ESTABLISHED
What kind of server did the local host connect with?
A. HTTP Server
B. FTP Server
C. DNS Server
D. Telnet Server
13. What function allows routers to evaluate available routes to a destination and to
establish the preferred handling of a packet?
A. Path Determination
B. Frame Relay
C. SDLC interface protocol
D. Data Linkage
14. What is the maximum value of each octet in an IP address?
15. The network number plays what part in an IP address?
A. It specifies the network to which the host belongs
B. It specifies which networks the device can communicate with
C. It specifies the identity of the computer on the network
D. It specifies which node on the sub network is being addressed
16. Which of the following best describes one function of Layer 3, the network layer,
in the OSI model?
A. It manages data exchange between presentation layer entities.
B. It is concerned with physical addressing and network topology.
C. It is responsible for reliable network communication between nodes.
D. It determines which path is the best path for traffic to take trough the
17. How does the network layer forward packets from the source to the destination?
A. By referring to the bridge
B. By referring to a name server
Page 3 of 8
C. By using an IP routing table
D. By using ARP responses
18. How many usable host addresses are available on a Class C network with a default
19. What portion of the Class B address 22.214.171.124 is the network address?
20. Performing the Boolean function as a router would on the IP addresses
172.16.2.120 and 255.255.255.0, what is the subnet address?
B. None of these
21. What is the primary reason for using subnets?
A. To reduce the size of broadcast domain
B. None of these
C. To reduce the size of collision domain
D. To increase the number of host address
22. If mask 255.255.255.240 were used with a Class C network, how many subnets
could exist, with how many hosts per subnet, respectively?
A. 32 and 8
B. 6 and 30
C. 8 and 32
D. 30 and 6
E. 12 and 12
F. 16 and 16
G. 16 and 14
H. 14 and 14
23. At which layer of the TCP/IP model does TCP operate?
A. data link
24. You have a result that looks similar to this:
Page 4 of 8
1 <10 ms <10 ms <10 ms 126.96.36.199
2 30 ms 40 ms 30 ms fast1.accessone.com [188.8.131.52]
3 30 ms 80 ms 30 ms 184.108.40.206
4 30 ms 40 ms 30 ms Fddi-0.GW1.SEA1.ALTER.NET [220.127.116.11]
5 40 ms 40 ms 40 ms Dist1-Sea.MOSWEST.MSN.NET [18.104.22.168]
6 40 ms 40 ms 40 ms msft1-f0.moswest.msn.net [22.214.171.124]
7 231 ms 170 ms 170 ms www.microsoft.com [126.96.36.199]
Which command generated the above view?
25. What type of RJ45 UTP cable is used between switches?
B. Crossover cable
C. Crossover with a CSU/DSU
D. Crossover with a router in between the two switches
26. How many bits are in an IP address of IPv6?
E. None of above
27. The Texas branch network is displayed in the following diagram:
Of the following choices, which IP address should be assigned to the PC host?
28. The network topology is showed in the following diagram:
Page 5 of 8
The routing table of R2-Central is showed in the following table
C 172.16.0.0/16 is directly connected, Fa0/0
10.0.0.0/30 is subnetted, 1 subnets
C 10.10.10.4 is directly connected, S0/0/0
S* 0.0.0.0 [1/0] via 10.10.10.6
1) What is the default gateway of Host 1A
2) What is the default gateway of R2-Central
3) What would the router do with packets destined to 192.168.254.254?
A. Forward it to 10.10.10.6
B. Forward it to 192.168.254.253
C. Forward it to 192.168.254.254
D. Drop it
Page 6 of 8
1. 2. 3. 4. 5.
6. 7. 8. 9. 10.
11. 12. 13. 14. 15.
16. 17. 18. 19. 20.
21. 22. 23. 24. 25.
26. 27. 28. 1 28.2 28.3
Part II: Writing questions (40)
1. Are these following IP addresses valid for hosts? If not, Why? (10 points)
227. 0.0.1 ______________________________
2. Following diagram is a LAN in a small company.
Task 2.1 Please choose the proper media type between devices and connect them (draw
the line between devices) (4 points). You can use:
Task 2.2 The network has following requirements:
You have been given the 172.16.24.0/24 address space to use in your network
design. The network consists of the following segments:
o The network connected to router R1 will require enough IP addresses to support
o The network connected to router R2 will require enough IP addresses to support
Page 7 of 8
o The link between router R1 and R2 will require IP addresses at each end of the
How many subnets are needed for this network? _________________ (2 points)
Complete the address table according to following rules: (10 points)
PCs will use the first host address in subnet
Routers’ Fa0/0 interface will use the last host address in subnet
R1’s S0/0/0 interface will use the first host address in subnet and R2’s S0/0/0 will
use the last host address in subnet
Device Interface IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway
3. Write down the full name of the following terms (8 points)
4. Fill the table with the name of each layer (6)
Page 8 of 8