LAST DATE OF RECEIPT : APRIL 30, 2005
INDIAN NATIONAL ACADEMY OF ENGINEERING
Nomination Paper for Election of Fellows from Academics/R&D
NOTES FOR GUIDANCE We propose the name of:
1. This form MUST be complete and type written in the third
person and/or computer printouts pasted within the space (In block letters as used for correspondence)
provided under each head. for election as a Fellow of the Academy.
2. Every nominee shall be proposed and Seconded by two
Please indicate whether your judgment is based on: Proposer Seconder
(Check as applicable)
Fellows, preferably of the same discipline.
(a) Personal knowledge of the nominee
3. To identify Engineering Excellence, the criterion for election (b) Current knowledge of nominee’s recent work
to the Fellowship may be one or more of the following: (c) Recollection of the nominee’s early work
a. Personal engineering achievements in design,
research, projects, consultancy and application to
(over last 10 years)
technology development in the citation (d) Category in which to be considered
b. Specific Contribution, if involved in team effort Academics R&D
c. National /international honours, awards and prizes Name of Proposer: Brief Remarks:
d. Technical and professional engineering
accomplishments including principal positions held
e. Record of contributions (column 8)
4. The nomination should be accompanied with ten copies of
up-to-date list of papers published during the last ten
years in referred Indian and Foreign journals in reverse
chronological order and one set of reprints of up to five of
the most significant publications and/or
documents/photographs relating to research projects with Name of Seconder: Brief Remarks:
5. Nomination should clearly mention the sectional committee(s)
as listed below to which the nominee should be referred to.
6. The nomination paper complete in all respects should be sent
by registered post to the Executive Secretary, Indian
National Academy of Engineering, 6th Floor, Vishwakarma
Bhawan, IIT Campus, Shaheed Jeet Singh Marg, New Delhi
110016. Date: Signature
Sectional Committee – I Sectional Committee – IV Sectional Committee –VIII
Civil Engineering Chemical Engineering & Biotechnology Metallurgy, Mining & Materials Science
Sectional Committee – II Sectional Committee – V Sectional Committee – IX
Computer Science and Engineering Electrical Engineering Energy Systems & Engineering, Nuclear
Sectional Committee – III Sectional Committee – VI Engineering
Mechanical Engineering Electronics & Communication Engineering Sectional Committee – X
Sectional Committee – VII Interdisciplinary Engineering &
Aerospace Engineering Technology
The above disciplines will also include related sciences and technologies.
To be filled in by the office
Check – List
1. Has the correct Nomination Form (Academics/R&D or Industry/Government) been used?
2. Has the nomination been proposed and seconded correctly?
3. Has the text under each head been put up within the spaces provided?
4. Has the nominee been sponsored from more than one Section?
5. Has the nominee been sponsored earlier from the same or different Section?
6. If answer to 5 is Yes, verify that two years have elapsed since the validity of the earlier nomination lapsed.
(The validity of a nomination is five years and a fresh nomination can be made only after 2 years)
Registration No. & Date: Date of Receipt: Ack on
Year of First Consideration:
Admitted: Executive Secretary Honorary Secretary
PARTICULARS OF NOMINEE
(Full name in capitals as used in correspondence)
2. Date of birth:
3. Field of specialization:
(Not more than two)
4. Present Position:
(a) Official: (b) Residential:
5. The number of sectional Committee to which the nomination may be referred to: SC No. SC No.
Please indicate if the nominee is to be considered in other Sectional Committee(s) also.
(Engineering disciplines allocated to Sectional Committees are indicated on page 1)
6. Academic qualification and Distinctions
(a) Degree: University/Institution: Year: Branch of Engineering:
(b) National/International Honours, Awards, Prizes including honorary degrees
(c) Membership of National/International Professional Bodies with designated abbreviated titles:
7. Specific outstanding Technical and Professional Engineering Accomplishments meriting election to INAE:
8. Record of Contributions:
i. Total papers published in refereed journals only
ii. Number of Papers published during the last 10 years in refereed journals
iii. Citation for the Ten best papers in international journals of repute
iv. Number of single author publications of last 10 years
v. Number of papers of classified nature, if any
vi. Number of books/monographs authored
(Attach separate sheet with titles & publishers)
b. Number of sponsored/Consultancy Projects completed
(Attach Abstract on separate sheets)
c. Number of patents obtained
(Attach details on separate sheets)
9. Citation of the nominee Sectional Committee: SC No.
Name (b )
(Name followed by initials as used in correspondence, Year of birth in brackets)
Qualifications & abbreviated Membership of Professional Bodies:
Designation & Address:
20 (SC- / )
Citation (Not exceeding 300 words that reflect Engineering Excellence – please refer para 3)