Microsoft Exchange Server: What Is Your Best Option:
Outsource or In-House?
• Do you have spare parts & servers on hand for quick replacement in the event of
• Do you have redundant Internet connectivity for your inbound and outbound email in
case your T1 or DSL fails?
• Do you have redundant power connectivity from different grids & diesel generator
backup in case power fails?
• Do you have high physical security (i.e. biometric & card access) for your servers -
especially to stop disgruntled employees from causing harm?
• Do you have multiple antivirus engines updated hourly to ensure the latest level of
protection from the #1 threat?
• Do you have redundant servers (i.e. firewall, domain controllers, and Exchange servers)
for automatic failover in case one fails?
• Do you have application monitoring software in place to proactively catch issues with
Exchange server before they become a problem?
• Do you back up your critical data and make sure that all patches and updates are
installed so hackers don’t get in?
Internal Staff Comparison
• Is your administrator certified for Exchange server?
• Can you quickly contact your IT department in case of problems?
• How much time can your administrator spend every day proactively checking the server
& Exchange logs and monitoring performance to resolve issues before they become
• Do they have the experience to setup advanced features such as: RPC over HTTP,
spam filtering, ActiveSync, VPN, etc.?
Outsourced Consultant / Consulting Company Comparison
• Can they guarantee a 100% uptime SLA?
• How quickly can they arrive onsite and troubleshoot problems if there is a hardware
• What happens when your primary consultant goes on vacation - how long will it take for
someone else to understand your environment?
Ease of Administration via Our Web-Based Control Panel
• Easily delegate permissions to others for adding, changing, or deleting users, distribution
lists, contacts, etc.
• No programming skills necessary – anyone can administer the account. Don’t let your
limited IT resources use up all of their time dealing with administrative issues.
• Mobile email for BlackBerry, iPhone, Windows Phone 7, Droid and other mobile devices.
• Easy integration of Microsoft SharePoint into your business workflow.
• FREE copy of Outlook 2010 or Entourage 2008 for qualified customers.