DEADLINES AND OTHER INFORMATION
FOR 2012 INTERNS IN
1. Sign up for AGEC 3010 (Internship in Agricultural Economics) before leaving school.
Let the Committee Chairman know the number of credit hours you attempt to fulfill.
2. Progress Reports will be due as posted below. These may be turned in to Ginny
Cornelsen, Room 417 Ag Hall or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Forms are
provided online for this purpose. These reports will cover work periods and be due as
Work Period Report Due
Jan 2nd – Jan 31st 1st Thursday in February
Feb 1st – Feb 28th 1st Thursday in March
Mar 1st through Apr 30th 4th Thursday in April
3. First draft of the final report should be turned in to the Committee Chairman or Faculty
Mentor by the 2nd Thursday in May (5/10/2012). These may be read, corrected and
returned to you by the 3rd Friday in May (5/18/2012).
4. Revised copy of final report would be due by the 2nd Friday in June (6/8/2012).
5. Oral class or group presentation scheduled with the Committee Chairman by the first
Friday in September (9/7/2012) and presented before the last Friday in September
1. Be proud of your appearance – dress neatly.
2. Be on time each day – never late. Stay until closing time! If you have to be late, call
your supervisor. Arrange for absences ahead of time.
3. Be enthusiastic and interested in the firm.
4. Look for tasks to do – ask for work. Don’t just sit waiting for jobs to come to you.
5. Do each task well – follow through to completion.
6. Be careful in speaking and writing. Use good English. Use a spelling checker and
grammar checker. Mail reports in promptly after cooperator signs.
7. If you have a problem with a cooperator, or other employees in the cooperating firm, try
to work it out while it is a small problem.
8. If you have concerns or difficulties call or email one of the committee members.
REQUIRED FORMAT FOR FINAL REPORT
AGRICULTURAL ECONOMICS INTERN PROGRAM
THREE PARTS OF REPORT
Why Were You Interested In Internship
How You Found Your Job
Training Orientation Sessions
What You Did During the Summer/Semester (Highlights)
Any Interesting Experiences (incidents, embarrassments, goods, other learning
experiences, constructive criticism)
Insights on What You Learned
RECOMMENDATIONS FOR FUTURE INTERNS AND/OR INTERNSHIP COMMITTEE
How Could the Internship Program Be Improved
How Can Students Selected for the Internship Program Make the Experience More
The final report should be complete and must be typed. Use a dictionary if you are not
certain of word spelling. The report will be graded for spelling! The report should have a cover
page with title: “My Internship Experience with ”, your name,
department, and date.
Initial draft of the report must be submitted to the Chairman of the Internship Committee
by May 10th, 2012 before 5:00 p.m. The report will be reviewed by the committee members and
returned to the student intern for final editing by May 18th, 2012. The final corrected report must
be turned in by June 15th, 2012 before 5:00 p.m.
You must turn in the corrected (revised) report with the original draft containing all the
committee members’ comments. If you want a copy of either version, please make copies before
you turn in the report. A copy of the final report may be sent to your cooperator, if the
cooperator requests it. These may be turned in to Ginny Cornelsen, Room 417 Ag Hall or by e-
mail to email@example.com.