Dairy Barn Arts Center
The Executive Director position at the Dairy Barn Southeastern Ohio Cultural Arts Center is a full
time salaried appointment. The Executive Director reports directly to the President of the Board of
Directors. The duties of the Director include working with the board, staff, committees and volunteers to
fulfill the following responsibilities:
A. Plan develop strategy and conduct comprehensive, year-round fundraising including:
1. membership campaigns
2. corporate solicitations
3. endowment solicitations and record maintenance
4. researching sources and preparing grant proposals
5. government solicitations including Ohio Arts Council, City of Athens
6. fund raising events including ongoing ones such as Art Auction and Wine and
Beer tastings as well as exploring new ones
B. Hire, fire and supervise Dairy Barn staff including:
1. preparing job descriptions for all positions
2. evaluating, reviewing, developing, setting work standards and performance
3. maintain personnel files
4. scheduling regular staff meetings
C. Supervise administration of Dairy Barn including:
1. keeping accurate records and reports of all corporation business including
monthly financial reports.
2. complying with all Dairy Barn policies and procedures
3. preparing and presenting budgets for Board of Directors review and approval.
D. Represent the Dairy Barn in the community.
E. Develop and implement the program of the Dairy Barn.
F. Work closely with the Board of Directors to:
1. review cash flow, expense and income reports and projections,
2. make recommendations for improvements and adjustments in cash flow,
3. maintain the development of a long range strategic plan for the Dairy Barn.
G. Oversee upkeep of facility.