CHRISTINE M. HALE, M.D.
4510 Conklin Drive ● Durham, NC 27713
(919) 819-6551 ● firstname.lastname@example.org
Enthusiastic, dedicated, and creative problem-solver with significant leadership and healthcare experience and a commitment to
improving patient care.
DUKE UNIVERSITY, The Fuqua School of Business, Durham, NC
Master of Business Administration, May 2005. Health Sector Management Concentration. Hospital Administration Representative,
HSM Cabinet. Student Consultant for CPOE Implementation, DUMC. Student Associate, American College of Healthcare Executives.
2004-2005 COLE Leadership Fellow. Co-Chair, MBA Games.
JOHNS HOPKINS UNIVERSITY, School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD
Doctor of Medicine, May 2000. Dean’s Hour Co-Chair, American Medical Student Association. 2000 Seidel Show Director, School of
Medicine Graduation Committee. Instructor, JH Youth Sports Clinic. Current membership in the American Academy of Pediatrics, the
American Medical Association, and the North Carolina Pediatric Society.
SOUTHERN METHODIST UNIVERSITY, Dallas, TX
Bachelor of Science, Biological Sciences, May 1996. Summa cum laude, Departmental Distinction, and Honors in Liberal Arts.
President’s Scholar. Phi Beta Kappa. University Award for Outstanding Scholar. Robert S. Hyer Society. Mortar Board National
Honor Society. Cheatum/Longnecker Award in Science.
Summer 2004 DUKE UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL, Durham, NC
• Developed business plans for construction of a $1.7 million comprehensive outpatient sleep center and
expansion of a 10 bed inpatient step-down unit.
• Created a fundamentally different, data-based methodology for overnight staffing using regression models and
other statistical analyses. This approach is expected to significantly improve productivity and was accepted by
hospital leadership for further development and hospital-wide implementation.
• Led an investigation of nuclear medicine on-call utilization. Formulated a comprehensive action plan including
communication standards, staffing changes, and physician discussions on clinical standards.
• Analyzed financial and volume data for a variety of other projects, including an orthopedics marketing plan,
DRG length of stay reduction programs, and expansion of the physical therapy outreach clinics.
2000-2003 DUKE UNIVERSITY MEDICAL CENTER, Durham, NC
Resident Physician in Pediatrics
• Delivered medical care to hundreds of pediatric patients in a variety of settings, including a large university
hospital, freestanding clinics, and community health centers.
• Supervised over 20 junior residents in their provision of care to ensure quality services for patients.
• Conducted informal and formal teaching sessions for junior residents and medical students, including lectures,
case studies, and one-on-one bedside teaching.
• Acted as a resource to community pediatricians and triaged patients in need of specialty services.
• Served as code blue team leader, providing emergent care to patients in critical condition.
Summer 1997 JOHNS HOPKINS UNIVERSITY, Baltimore, MD
Spring 2000 Research Assistant, Department of Anesthesia and Critical Care Medicine
• Implemented study enrollment protocol for 4 providers.
• Conducted extensive clinical chart reviews and personal interviews on over 100 patients.
• Created and maintained a master database to preserve relevant data.
• Collaborated with physicians and statisticians on data interpretation.
• Published in several journals, including Journal of the American Society of Echocardiography.
Community: Treasurer, Durham Chi Omega Alumnae. Coach, Durham County Special Olympics. Volunteer, Reach Out and Read.
Avid dance student and North Carolina Dance Alliance member. Actively involved in canine obedience training at Durham Kennel
Club. Fuqua: President, Fuqua Catholics. Committee Member, Health Care Club and Leadership Development Initiative. MBA
Games Superhero of the Month. Member - Association of Women in Business, Wine Club, Football Club. TA for Microeconomics,
Statistics, Finance, Small Business Consulting, and Market Intelligence.