2008 Galaxy Conference
Volunteer Registration Form
Please select below all dates and times that you are available to volunteer.
Date A.M. P.M.
Monday, September 15, 2008 N/A
Tuesday, September 16, 2008
Wednesday, September 17, 2008
Thursday, September 18, 2008
Friday, September 19, 2008
Do you have a preference for where you want to volunteer? Yes No
If so, what area do you prefer? (see list below)
Volunteer Area Brief Description of Duties
Operate, set-up & store A/V equipment (computers, LCD,
1. A/V Equipment (Galaxy Geeks) PowerPoint, Overhead Projector, etc.)
2. Auction Set-up for silent/live auction, check-in items, monitor silent
auction tables, encourage people to make purchase, etc.
3. Breaks Assure people move through lines quickly
4. Decorations Decorate tables at major meal functions
5. Door Greeters (General Sessions) Check nametags, distribute and collect evaluations
6. Exhibit Hall Lunch Stations (Tuesday) Assist with box lunch distribution, move people through
7. Exhibits/Poster Sessions Direct people where posters are located in exhibit hall
8. Family/Friend Networking Greet, direct and assist people; people movers
9. First Timers Orientation Greet, direct and assist people; people movers
10. Floor Floaters Direct traffic/answer questions in seminar/poster session
11. Meals Friendly, smiling face; quick eye to check nametags; assist
people in moving through food lines
12. Operations Answer questions; assist people in navigating
13. Retirees/Life Members Orientation Greet, direct and assist people; people movers
14. Ruby Luncheon Door greeters; people movers
15. Seminar Room Hosts Moderate session, introduce seminar speaker, distribute and
16. Signage Post seminar room and other signage
If the preference(s) you select is not available, would you accept any assignment? Yes No
Volunteer registration deadline is August 15, 2008. For questions, email Marjorie Moore at email@example.com.