BOARD MEETING MINUTES
3 July 2009 – 11.00 AM
Admissions – Members
Three new members were admitted in June. As at 3 July, TPA counts 244 members.
TPA professors lectured in 19 different schools or universities in June.
We were also in touch with:
- École Centrale de Paris, setting up an “Energies” course
- École Centrale de Lyon, reviewing TPA courses in 2008-2009 and preparing
academic year 2009-2010.
TPA delivered 175 half-days of courses from April to June 2009 (compared to a total of
269 half-days from April to August 2008).
- The TPA office in Belgium (in Féluy) is up and running. Jacques Legrand is at the
- We have been in touch with several universities in the UK and Russia discussing
courses in 2009-2010.
- We are preparing the European Association of Geoscientists and Engineers
(EAGE) Student Tour, involving 48 conferences in European countries by 6 Total
ot TPA professors.
- We are preparing courses for Brazil and Canada in 2009-2010.
- We have run courses in Venezuela (Instituto de Estudios Superiores de
Administraction-IESA and Universidad Central de Venezuela-UCV), and are
preparing the programme for 2009-2010, which should essentially focus on UCV.
- We ran three weeks of courses in May and June, in Malaysia, Thailand and
- We are preparing our programme for 2009-2010 in Cambodia, China, India,
Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand and Vietnam.
- Courses for Iraq and Iran, preparing programmes for 2009-2010.
- Preparing programmes for Yemen for 2009-2010.
- Preparing 2009-2010 courses in South Africa, Benin, Libya, Congo and Burkina-
- Cameroon: 8 weeks of courses at the ISTAC Douala in June, preparing the
programmes for 2009-2010.
Recap: we ran 134 weeks of courses outside France from September to June 2009, i.e. 65%
more than the 81 weeks in the previous academic period.
The increase should be 73% over the full academic year (through end-July 2009).