The fifth and sixth graders made this
PowerPoint to show you what they’ve
been up to, and what they think is
important for you to know.
You will see lots of “The Ends”. They
were put in groups of two so it’s just
the end of their portion. It’s not really
over until you see an end note from me.
• We are going to have the Spelling Bee in
• If you win in your classroom you will get to
go to Redfield to participate in the Spelling
• If you get 1st place you can get a pin, and if
you get 2nd to 3rd place you get a ribbon.
• When we do the the Pre-test we get 1 – 30 words.
• Mrs.Taylor usually gives the 6th graders their
• Mrs.Miles sometimes gives the 5th grade and 6th
grade their pretest.
• If you get one wrong you don’t have to take the
• Final test is on Fridays.
• And the pretest is in Mondays.
• The 5th and 6th graders
get bonus words and it
is usually a president
or a different word.
• We are supposed to finish our workbook on
• We have 5 pages.
• On Monday we do 2 pages, Tuesday we do
2 pages, and on Wednesday we do 1 page.
• When we get an S on • If we get a C on the
our Spelling test, that Spelling test, we get a
means we get a piece of candy. When
sticker. we get S & C we get
both of them.
The pretest is a great
tool to use, but it might
not be as accurate.
Here are the 5th and 6th graders singing
the President’s song. We usually have a
President’s last name as a bonus word for
our spelling test.
We have to read 300 pages a
month. Reading all the pages every
month counts as test points. If we
read 500 pages we go in the 500
IF WE MAKE IT TO THE 500 CLUB
(BY READING 500 PAGES OR
MORE IN ONE MONTH) WE GET
OUR PICTURE IN THE PAPER, WE
GET A PRIZE, AND WE GET LOTS
OF PRAISE !
• WE DO WEEKLY READER ONCE A
WEEK TO LEARN ABOUT WHAT’S
• WE TRY TO ANSWER HISTORY
BUFFY’S QUESTIONS, BECAUSE WE
ARE GOING TO SEND IN THE 20
5 TH GRADE READING
• THE FIRST READING STORY WAS
• THEN WE DID AN ALITERATION
• THE 5TH GRADERS ARE DOING
READING WITH MRS.HAVEN.
6TH GRADE READING
• THE 1ST STORY WAS “HENRY REED’S
• WE HAVE LEARNED HOW TO
OUTLININE AND TAKE ORAL NOTES.
• WE PLAY HANGMAN FOR VOCAB
• WE HAVE READING CLASS WITH
MRS.TAYLOR OR MRS.MILES.
By: Derek and Alyssa
What Parents Need To Know
• We have to study our
notes every night after
we get a lesson.
• We have new notes
after we have a new
We have learned that air takes
up space, and we’ve learned about
physical and chemical changes. We’ve
also learned the difference between
suspensions and solutions through our
class experiments. We have learned a
lot that we may need to know in the
It has helped us extensively.
These pictures show that our
experiments have been a great
Instead of us having a workbook in
Science, we turn to the back of our text
book where we have questions we have to
We also have an experiment after
almost every lesson.
5 th and 6 th Grade Math
• By Adam and Shane
Addition, and Subtraction
• Study your flash cards
at home four nights a
• Do them as fast as
your parents can flip
• After you can do that
you don’t have to
– But do them every
once in a while to be
sure you know them .
How Do I Study Flash Cards
With My Child
• First you take a little • Then if you’re done
pile and go over and with your division do
over and over them. your multiplication
• Then add a little more
• Then after you’re all
each time. done with those cards
• After you get done you can do your
with the flash cards addition cards.
you can take a break. • Then study
• We do extra problems
in our Daily Review
• We do our Daily
Review after every
• Our Daily Review has
lots of pages of
• Sometimes story
problems are tough.
• Sometimes we do
them together and get
• Sometimes some story
problems are easy and
we can figure them out
in our head.
• The End
By: Samantha & Tyler
• The 5th and 6th graders write stories all year
• We have to write persuasive, expository,
descriptive, & narrative stories.
• Mrs. Miles loves all of our stories.
• We do great work!
• You always need to write good stories for
• Some stories need to be at least 2 or more
• Mrs. Miles likes long, creative
Here’s some pictures of us
reading our stories!
By: Erin Larson and
What We’ve Been Up To
We have been reading about maps. For
example: elevation, climate, physical, and
political. We made an art project from
model clay. The maps show the elevation
of our continent. After it dried we painted
it to show the elevation of our area.
Thanks for coming! I am really
enjoying this year. What a great bunch
There are refreshments in the lunch
room for you to enjoy.