ActiveSync is provided with most Windows CE devices and complete instructions are
normally included on the compact disc that is provided with the device. If ActiveSync
is not provided with your Windows CE device or you want to use the most current
version of ActiveSync, you can download the ActiveSync program from the Microsoft
To use the Microsoft Download center and install ActiveSync, follow these steps:
1. Go to the following Microsoft Web site:
2. Under Operating System , click the operating system that you are using, for example,
Windows 98 .
3. Under Product Name , click ActiveSync , and then click Find It .
4. When the download list appears, click the ActiveSync program that you want, for
example, ActiveSync 3.1 Synchronization Software for Windows .
5. When the ActiveSync information screen appears, select the language that you want, and
then at the bottom of the page, click Download Now .
An installation tool will be downloaded, followed by the ActiveSync program.
6. Follow the instructions of the accompanying wizard to download, install, and
synchronize with your Windows CE device.