Do All Religions Lead to God?
October 24, 2008
What is truth?
What is religion?
“Do all religions lead to God?”
– I.e., are they all the same?
What is Truth?
Truth is when a belief matches reality.
– “I am wearing glasses.”
– “UT’s football team is better than Oklahoma’s.”
– “Jesus Christ was the Son of God.”
Truth has implications
“There is no truth!”
What is a Religion?
Religions are worldviews
– where did we come from / who are we?
– what has gone wrong with the world?
– what can we do to fix it?
A couple examples:
Do all religions lead to God?
Pluralism: “All religions teach the same thing in
different languages, images, and traditions to
communicate basically identical beliefs.”
Parable of the Blind Men
and the Elephant
The problem with pluralism
Ice cream versus insulin
Conflicting truth claims
– “The U.S. President is over 6 feet tall.”
– “The U.S. President is under 6 feet tall.”
Different views of God
Some common objections
“Christianity is so arrogant.”
“Christians are narrow-minded.”
Jesus Among Other Gods (Ravi Zacharias)
The Case for Faith (Lee Strobel)
The Case for Christ (Lee Strobel)
The Universe Next Door (James Sire)