Mark the correct answer on your scantron sheet for each of the following questions.
1. What amount of each FBLA member’s dues pays for a a. $1.25 b. $3.00 c. $2.25 d. $1.75
subscription to Tomorrow’s Business Leader?
2. The 2001-2002 national theme is a. Tune in to Business. b. Tune Up Your Business c. Tune to a Winner— d. FBLA—Tuning Up for
Skills. FBLA. Business.
3. The conference held annually to select a state’s a. Institute for Leaders. b. National Fall c. Regional Spring d. State Leadership
representatives for national competition is the Leadership Conference. Conference. Conference.
4. FBLA is one of ten CTSOs recognized by the U. S. a. Career and Technical b. Career and Technical c. Computer Technology d. Community and
Department of Education. For what does CTSO stand? Services Organization Student Organization Student Organization Technology Services
5. What is the amount of the non-recurring fee for a. $23 b. $20 c. $25 d. $30
chartering a new FBLA chapter or reactivating an
already chartered chapter?
6. The National Center mortgage was burned in a. 1991. b. 1997. c. 2001. d. 2002.
7. What are the membership divisions of FBLA-PBL, Inc.? a. FBLA, FBLA-Middle b. FBLA, FBLA-Middle c. Active, Honorary, d. FBLA, FBLA-Middle
Level, PBL, Alumni Level, PBL, Professional Honorary Life, Level, PBL, Honorary
8. The state of South Dakota is located in the a. Eastern Region. b. Western Region. c. Mountain Plains d. North Central Region.
9. The FBLA National Center is located in which region? a. Atlantic Coast Region b. Mid-Atlantic Region c. Eastern Region d. Southern Region
10. Chapter activities are classified into what five functional a. Leadership, promotion, b. School service, c. Professional d. Professional
areas? community service, community service, development, civic, development, business
business skills, financial leadership, promotion, service, social, financial skills, service, financial,
11. Who nominates candidates for National Vice-President a. state chapter b. local chapter c. chapter adviser d. state president
during the regional meetings at the National Leadership
12. The name “Future Business Leaders of America” was a. 1940. b. 1942. c. 1945. d. 1950.
13. An experimental chapter was chartered on February 3, a. St. Albans, West b. Johnson City, c. Reston, Virginia d. Nashville, Tennessee
1942, in what city and state? Virginia Tennessee
14. Which organization is not a national affiliation of a. ACTE b. NASSP c. NBEA d. NEA
15. On what day is American Enterprise Day observed? a. November 15 b. February 15 c. April 15 d. June 5
16. FBLA-PBL is divided into how many administrative a. 3 b. 4 c. 5 d. 9
17. Which group is responsible for the general oversight and a. National Business b. National Center Staff c .National Board of d. National Executive
policy of FBLA-PBL? Advisory Council Directors Council
18. Who is responsible for submitting FBLA’s annual a. Chairman of the Board b. FBLA-PBL c. FBLA National d. FBLA National
budget to the Board of Directors? of Directors President/CEO Treasurer President
19. When was FBLA-PBL granted independent status as a a. 1946 b. 1958 c. 1969 d. 1979
nonprofit educational student association?
20. What state became the first FBLA state chapter? a. Tennessee b. West Virginia c. Virginia d. Iowa
21. Who is the 2001-2002 FBLA National President? a. Ashlee Clair b. Natalie Bennett c. Jeff Jordan d. Erich Heneke
22. What FBLA publication offers potential national officers a. National Officer b. Chapter Management c. The Competitive Edge d. National Officer
complete details about qualifications for office, Handbook Handbook Candidate Guide
procedures for campaigning, and the officer application?
23. What is the minimum number of active chapters a. 5 b. 8 c. 10 d. 12
required in order for a state to be issued an FBLA state
24. The official FBLA colors are a. blue and white. b. blue and gold. c. red, white, and blue. d. blue and beige.
25. What is the street address of the FBLA-PBL National a. 1912 Organization b. 1912 Leadership Circle c. 1912 Association d. 1912 Winners Circle
Center? Drive Drive
26. Who developed the concept of FBLA? a. Dr. Hamden L. b. Dr. Harold L. Folks c. Dr. Edward D. Miller d. Dr. Hollis Forkner
27. The term of office for national officers begins a. immediately upon b. at the beginning of the c. during the NFLC. d. at the close of the
election. school year. National Leadership
Conference at which he
or she was selected.
28. The 2003 National Leadership Conference will be in a. Nashville, Tennessee. b. Dallas, Texas. c. Orlando, Florida. d. Washington, DC.
29. Of the following, who is not an ex officio, nonvoting a. Professional Division b. Chairman of the Board c. FBLA-PBL d. State committee person
member of the FBLA National Executive Council? President of Directors President/CEO for each national officer
30. What group involves civic-minded community leaders in a. National Executive b. National Action c. Business Advisory d. Business Leaders
chapter activities and serves as the chapter’s liaison to Board Council Council Coalition
the business community?
31. The current FBLA-PBL President/CEO is a. Betty McKie. b. Lisa Frye. c. Jean Buckley. d. Bobbie Timmermann.
32. The 2002-2003 Professional Division President is a. Diane Zawadzki. b. Dennis Garrow. c. Shayne Harrison. d. Betty Penzner.
33. The toll-free number for the FBLA-PBL National Center a. 800/FBLGOLD. b. 800/FBLAWIN. c. 800/FBLAPBL. d. 800/FBLAWOW.
34. The FBLA-Middle Level Division was established in a. 1989. b. 1994. c. 1991. d. 1999.
35. Tomorrow’s Business Leader is published a. monthly. b. quarterly. c. semiannually. d. semimonthly.
36. The FBLA-PBL fiscal year is a. August 1 – July 31. b. October 1 – September c. July 1 – June 30. d. January 1 – December
37. The Wednesday of FBLA-PBL Week is a. Free Enterprise Day. b. Helping Hands Day. c. Adviser Appreciation d. Make a Difference
38. FBLA-PBL Week coincides with what other national a. Career and Technical b. American Management c. National Education for d. American Education
observance? Education Week Week Business Week Week
39. What is the address of the FBLA-PBL website? a. www.fbla-pbl.edu b. www.fblapbl.net c. www.fbla.org d. www.fbla-pbl.org
40. What are the amounts for a Lifetime membership in the a. $375 with a state rebate b. $400 with a state rebate c. $375 with a state rebate d. $350 with a state
Professional Division and the state rebate for that of $37.50 of $50 of $23 rebate of $50
41. In the March of Dimes Mission LIFT program, LIFT a. Leadership, Integrity, b. Leading Into the c. Leading Into the d. Leadership Incentives
stands for Fairness, Trust. Future, Team. Future, Together. for Teams.
42. FBLA-Middle Level membership is open to students in a. 7-12. b. 9-12. c. 8-9. d. 5-9.
43. From where can your chapter order FBLA competitive a. FBLA-PBL Resource b. FBLA-PBL c. Resource and d. Incentives for Leaders
event study guides? Center MarketPlace Curriculum Catalog Resource Center
44. What is the certificate leadership program held in a. Institute for Leaders b. Incentives for Leaders c. Leadership Institute d. Management Series
conjunction with the National Leadership Conference
that equips members and advisers with essential career
and business management skills?
45. If there are no applications for a particular national a. June 1. b. June 10. c. June 15. d. June 15, or 10 days
office by the May 15 deadline, then the deadline for that prior to the National
office will be extended to Leadership Conference,
whichever comes first.
46. The business education professionals on the FBLA-PBL a. 1-year terms. b. 2-year terms. c. 3-year terms. d. 3-year terms with an
Board of Directors are elected to serve additional year as Board
47. What national partnership offers an entrepreneurship a. BizTech b. Affinity Online c. Sprint d. Alamo
program that teaches business, information technology,
and workplace concepts via the Internet?
48. Phi Beta Lambda was created in a. 1950. b. 1958. c. 1960. d. 1964.
49. How many FBLA-PBL goals are there? a. 5 b. 6 c. 7 d. 9
50. Each state chapter is entitled to send how many voting a. 2 b. 2 and 1 alternate c. 2 and 2 alternates d. 3
delegates to the National Leadership Conference?
51. A local chapter with 73 members is entitled to send how a. 2 b. 3 c. 4 d. 5
many voting delegates to the National Leadership
52. How is a state committee chairman selected? a. Recommended by the b. Recommended by the c. Recommended by the d. Recommended by the
National Center staff and National Center staff and National Executive FBLA-PBL
approved by the Board of approved by the National Council and approved by President/CEO and
Directors Executive Council the Board of Directors approved by the Board
53. The 2002-2003 Phi Beta Lambda National President is a. Erich Heneke. b. Brian Ferrell. c. Jeff Jordan. d. Dennis Garrow.
54. The grammatical source for all FBLA-PBL, Inc., a. Chicago Manual of b. MLA Style Manual. c. New York Style Guide. d. Reference Manual for
publications is the Style. Publications.
55. Before candidates for FBLA national office can be a. President/CEO. b. National Executive c. Board of Directors. d. Officer Screening
nominated, they must be certified by the Council. Committee.
56. What is the national program that encourages FBLA- a. Linking Members b. Going for the Gold c. Connecting Chapters d. Teaming Chapters
PBL chapters to team up with other chapters to leverage
their potential for success?
57. The publication for Professional Division members is a. Hotline. b. The Professional c. The Professional E- d. FBLA-PBL Edge.
58. Proposed amendments to the FBLA national bylaws are a. April 1. b. May 1. c. May 15. d. June 1.
to be submitted in writing to the President/CEO no later
59. National officers are elected by majority vote. How a. 4 b. 3 c. 2 d. 1
many ballots are taken before the candidate with the
lowest number of votes is dropped from the next ballot?
60. The vote required for adoption of amendments to the a. majority vote of the b. two-thirds vote of the c. majority vote of all d. two-thirds vote of all
national bylaws is a state voting delegates state voting delegates members of the Board of members of the Board of
attending the National present and voting at the Directors. Directors.
Leadership Conference. National Leadership
61. Business of the FBLA National Executive Council can a. Three fourths b. Majority c. Two-thirds d. One-half
be conducted by mail at the discretion of the FBLA
President with approval by the President/CEO. For
adoption, action by mail requires what type of vote?
62. In a standard order of business, new business comes a. at the discretion of the b. immediately after c. after unfinished d. after calling the
presiding officer. reports of officers. business and general meeting to order.
63. A member makes a motion, in most cases, by saying a. “I move that . . .” b. “I motion that . . .” c. “This member moves d. “I wish to move that . .
that . . .” .”
64. When a member “has the floor,” this means that a. a main motion need not b. anyone else in the c. another member may d. recognition has been
be seconded. assembly may speak from also stand to make a received from the chair.
his or her seat. motion.
65. Minutes should include all of the following except a. the name of the maker b. the reasons given by c. the wording and d. a complimentary
of each motion. the chair for his or her disposition of each closing above the
rulings on points of order. motion. secretary’s signature.
66. A main motion is one that a. brings business before b. can be made while c. has the highest rank. d. must be ratified by a
the assembly. another motion is resolution.
67. In the Officer Installation ceremony, the tall white a. all chapter officers. b. the national c. the community in d. the entire chapter
candle symbolizes organization. which the chapter is with all members
located. working together.
68. Three sites for the 2002 National Fall Leadership a. Charlotte, North b. Orlando, Florida; c. Cincinnati, Ohio; d. Columbus, Ohio;
Conferences were Carolina; Cleveland, Philadelphia, Denver, Colorado; Boulder, Colorado;
Ohio; Salt Lake City, Pennsylvania; Phoenix, Jacksonville, Florida. Miami, Florida.
69. In appreciation for the grant from Sprint that funded a. Show Us the Members. b. Thanks for the Money. c. 20 Members for 20 d. 20 Grand With 20
membership recruitment materials, the national officers Grand. Percent.
and National Center staff have issued a challenge to
chapters for setting a goal for increasing membership
over last year’s membership. This thank-you challenge
70. Among the 2001-2002 national fundraisers are a. Teen People Plus, J- b. Teen USA, Expressly c. Helmets Unlimited, d. Data Match, Student
Edgar Sportswear, Yours, Cookies Galore, JAD Acrylics, Tom-Wat, Organization Network,
Custom Pewter; Delight Lollipops. Lollipops, Inc. ET Plus, T-Wat.
71. Through which of FBLA’s national partnerships can a. BizTech b. Life Path c. Wonderful Online d. FBLA Virtual
members compete to develop the most successful Training Business Challenge
72. Which of the following is not an FBLA-PBL goal? a. Create more interest in b. Promote growth and c. Encourage and practice d. Encourage scholarship
the American enterprise development through efficient money and promote school
system social activities management loyalty
73. FBLA-PBL’s mission is to a. prepare students for b. bring business and c. develop competent d. ensure that students are
successful careers in education together in a business leaders through prepared for leadership
business through support positive working innovative programming. experiences by
for curriculum relationship through establishing occupational
development and innovative leadership goals.
innovative assessment and career development
74. What are the first two words of each stanza of the a. I believe b. I promise c. I will d. I do
75. I will dress and act in a manner that will bring respect a. Creed. b. Mission. c. Code of Ethics. d. Pledge.
to me and to my school is part of the FBLA
76. What is the last word of the FBLA Pledge? a. Everyone b. Work c. Leader d. America
77. Based on the FBLA-PBL Dress Code, which of the a. Sport coat, dress slacks, b. Skirt or dress slacks c. Dress shoes and socks d. Hats or denim
following is not acceptable attire? collared shirt, and necktie with blouse or sweater or dress shoes and nylons clothing of any kind
78. Which competitive event is named for Hollis and Kitty a. Parliamentary b. Gold Seal Chapter c. American Enterprise d. Local Chapter Annual
Guy? Procedure Award of Merit Project Business Report
79. What are the categories of FBLA national events? a. Chapter, individual, b. Chapter, member, c. Individual, award, d. Group, chapter,
recognition, team award, group chapter, team recognition, individual
80. What group is responsible for administering the a. Events Series Program b. National Recognition c. National Events d. National Awards
competitive events program? Committee Committee Administration Program Committee
81. To be eligible for national competition, FBLA members a. January 31. b. February 15. c. March 1. d. December 1
must have paid dues on or before
82. The 2003 topic for the Emerging Business Issues event a. whether or not b. whether or not c. whether or not d. whether auditing
is government should workplace security can bankruptcy firms have an obligation
prohibit rising overstep privacy issues. reorganizations affect to investors and the
commercial insurance advertising competition. market.
83. What is the name of the fictional corporation to which a. Data Match, Inc. b. Merck Corporation c. Merit Corporation d. Sprint Corporation
participants in the Job Interview event can apply for a
84. What are the lengths of the speeches for the Public a. Public Speaking I, b. Impromptu Speaking c. Impromptu Speaking d. Public Speaking I,
Speaking I, Public Speaking II, and Impromptu Public Speaking II, and Public Speaking I, 4 and Public Speaking I, 5 Public Speaking II, 5
Speaking events? Impromptu Speaking, 5 minutes; Public minutes; Public Speaking minutes; Impromptu
minutes Speaking II, 5 minutes II, 4 minutes Speaking, 4 minutes
85. What is the method for breaking tie scores in objective, a. Determine the order in b. Design a rubric format c. Evaluate students’ d. Eliminate the final ten
machine-graded events? which tests were to determine if students performance on the final questions of the exam and
submitted met expectations ten questions of the re-score
86. Not counting the front and back covers, the maximum a. 25. b. 30. c. 35. d. 40.
number of pages allowed for written reports such as the
Community Service Project is
87. One of the new competitive events for 2002-03 is a. Networking Concepts. b. Visual Basic c. Technology Concepts. d. Business Ethics.
88. Which FBLA events are classified as “skill events”? a. Computer Applications, b. Computer Applications, c. Website Design, Word d. Computer
Desktop Publishing, Multimedia Presentation, Processing, Desktop Applications, Desktop
Multimedia Presentation Network Design Publishing Publishing, Word
Processing I and II
89. All FBLA members are eligible to participate in Open a. Business Ethics, Visual b. Leadership, Insurance c. Computer Hardware & d. Business Ethics,
Events at the 2002 NLC. Three of this year’s Open Basic Programming, Operations, Chapter Operating Systems, C++ Leadership, Insurance
Events are Chapter Website. Management. Programming, Business Operations.
90. The event that recognizes outstanding leaders from the a. National b. FBLA Business c. Businessperson of the d. Entrepreneur of the
business sector for their local, state, and national Businessperson Award. Leader. Year. Year.
contributions to FBLA-PBL is the
91. School site testing applies to only a. chapter events. b. team events. c. individual events. d. skill events.
92. Which of the following statements about competitive a. A member may b. A member taking the c. A member who d. A member representing
event eligibility is not true? represent his or her National Parliamentarian participates in a pilot his or her chapter in the
chapter in any number of selection test may event cannot compete in oral portion of the
chapter events. compete in another event. that same event when it Community Service
becomes an official Project may compete in
competition. an individual event.
93. Which corporate sponsor is offering one free on-line a. Brainbench b. Knowledge Matters c. Certiport d. Microsoft
94. The recognition for advisers and state chairmen with 20 a. Outstanding Adviser b. Distinguished Adviser c. Adviser Wall of Fame. d. Adviser Tribute Award.
or more years of service to FBLA-PBL is the Award. Award.
95. The entry form and required documentation for the a. the end of business b. April 15. c. the end of business on d. May 15.
Winners’ Circle recognition program must be submitted April 1. the second Friday in May.
96. The competitive event that honors members who have a. Future Business b. Who’s Who in FBLA. c. Job Interview. d. Business Leader of the
demonstrated leadership qualities, FBLA participation, Leader. Year.
and evidence of skills essential for successful business
97. Of the following events, which is only for members in a. Business Calculations b. Business Math c. Impromptu Speaking d. Business Procedures
98. For what award are FBLA members eligible if they a. Membership Madness b. Local Recruitment of c. Market Share Award d. Membership
recruit at least five new members? Award Members Achievement Award
99. This year’s sponsor of the Distinguished Business a. FBLA-PBL b. Data Match. c. Johnson & Wales d. UPS.
Leader Scholarship is Professional Division. University.
100. The program that will recognize FBLA chapters with the a. Count ‘Em Up! b. Community c. Count on FBLA! d. FBLA Volunteers!
most community service hours is Countdown!