CLASS OF ‘95
Coming of Age in the 90’s:
(from the yearbook)
• Favorite Movie: Forrest Gump
• Hottest Actor: Keanu Reeves
• Hottest Actress: Sharon Stone
• Favorite TV Drama: ER
• Favorite TV Comedy: Seinfeld
• Favorite Place to hang out: Nick’s Café
• Most Overplayed Music Group: Ace of Base
Now to thee, Alma Mater…
Where are we now?
According to the June, 1995
Wolfpacket, we were going to:
Attend a 4-year
Attend a J.C. 21%
Join the Military 2%
0% 10% 20% 30% 40% 50% 60% 70% 80%
What did you do immediately
following high school?
Attended a 4-year College
Attended a J.C.
Joined the Military
0 20 40 60 80 100
James Jorgenson delivering
school supplies near Mosul, Iraq.
Christa Aisha Dixon-Peters
and Linda Kim
What is your highest level of
28% HS Diploma
Is there a doctor in the house?
Highest Educated Classmates:
• David Choi is a dentist.
• Dan Kaplan uses his doctorate in the field
• Hope Danley-Scott has a Ph.D. in Political
• Sarah Lawson and Mitzi Chang are both
• Michael Mann conducts research at the
National Cancer Institute.
• Tim Harrington – Masters, Graphic Design
• George Wang – PhD, Animal Behavior
• Courtney Sams – Masters, Chemistry
• Matt Mori – Masters, Architecture
• Sarah Battersby - PhD, Geography
• Cecilia Abbondanza Annecchini - Masters,
• Sarah Lawson was awarded the American
Indian Graduate Center fellowship.
• Sarah Battersby was named UCSB’s
outstanding teaching assistant.
• Abe Pratella belongs to the Golden Key
Society and Betta Gamma Sigma honor
society for business and management.
What is your current field of
We are working in more than 30 different fields!
The most common are:
3. Computing/ Technology
Back in the classroom
Cecilia Abbondanza Josephine Ancona Panza
Annecchini Michael Peckerar
Christa Avalos Backstrom Gretchen Petersen
Heidi Cloughly Bird Courtney Sams
Jeremy Lingenfelter Angie Akioka Wright
Michael Peckerar is teaching elementary
students at the Imagination Station Museum
in North Carolina.
• Venessa Johnson was named 2004
California State Volunteer of the Year.
• Courtney Forester was named Claremont
City Employee of the Year.
• Adria McClain is a commissioned officer in
the U.S. Navy, specializing in
How many jobs have you had since
completing your education?
• Hailey Jones Smith acted in a film with
“Napoleon Dynamite” star Jon Heder.
• Kerry Muchmore Tappan is working as a
• Sam Kim was kicked out of two Las Vegas
casinos for counting cards. He refused to
comment (or send a picture).
Elliot Goldman volunteered for
“Engineers Without Borders” in Rwanda.
Alisa Hertzler started the “Official
Hugger” program, designed to welcome
home single service members returning
from Operation Iraqi Freedom ---
now a nationally recognized program.
Where are you living?
Ben Warner lives on Sakhalin Island,
Russia, with daughter, Paulina,
and wife, Natasha.
What is your current marital status?
42% 48% Engaged
Chris Nelson and fiancé, Jason
Diana Brown Mackey’s Wedding
Kelly Capello Chen and Julie Ey Evans
Will and Laura Land’s Wedding
Maids of Honor
Heidi Cloughly Bird
and Christa Avalos Backstrom
Dan and Aisha Kaplan got married
on the Carribean island of Tobago.
95ers pictured include Dan Kaplan, Jan-
Erik Gustaveson, and Ryan McGuire.
How many children do you have?
Super mom Stacy Sharp has 3 little ones!
Hala Ali Aryan and family
Hailey Jones Smith
with children Mila and Ethan
Do you own or rent?
Here's to the four hinges of society.
May you fight, steal, lie and drink.
When you fight, may you fight for justice.
When you steal, may you steal away from
When you lie, may you lie at the side of your
And when you drink, may you drink with me.
To old friends
and new beginnings…
here’s to the next ten years!