CUTTING TORCH SAFETY TEST
Click the box next to the letter “S” for Safe or “US” for Unsafe.
1. S or US To use the torch to start a fire.
2. S or US To start the torch with another torch.
3. S or US To leave cylinder valves open when not in use.
4. S or US To use with Acetylene pressure above 15 PSI.
5. S or US To cut metal that has gas or grease on it.
6. S or US To face the flame directly at the hoses or cylinders.
7. S or US To leave torch running while working on something else.
8. S or US To cut in a ventilated area.
9. S or US To roast a steak with the torch.
10. S or US To use goggles while cutting.
11. S or US To cut without gloves.
12. S or US To cut with leather shoes
13. S or US To cut with sandals on.
14. S or US To step on hot metal pieces.
15. S or US To point flame at someone.
I have taken the above test and have correctly answered the questions. I have
successfully demonstrated the safe operation of the cutting torch with my
instructor’s supervision. I promise to conduct myself in such a fashion that I will
not create hazards that may cause injury to others or myself while working in the