13th ANNUAL CHAMPIONSHIP
JR. CHILI COOK-OFF
PASADENA LIVESTOCK SHOW & RODEO
A 501(c)(3) Non Profit Organization October 1, 2011
PLACE: (Fairgrounds – Parking on South Side of the Arena – Event
under the Rodeo Arena)
DEADLINE: Wednesday, September 28, 2011 / 5:00pm
ENTRY FEE: $40.00 per team/ No more than 4 members per team
DIVISION 1: Any student from 1st grade through 5th grade
DIVISION 2: Any student from 6th grade through 8th grade
DIVISION 3: Any student form 9th grade through 12th grade
AWARDS 1st and 2nd places for each division
(Each winning team member receives a trophy)
Showmanship Award for each division
(Example = Decorations, skits or costumes, etc…)
Plaque for school with most participation
PEOPLES CHOICE: Receives a large trophy - (Cook plenty for samples)
COOK’S MEETING: Chief cooks and team members should attend at 9:00am
(Move-in – 8:00 a.m. Turn-in at 1:00 p.m.)
For more information contact:
JEFF CAMPBELL – General Chairman/Jr. Chili Cook-off at (281) 650-1115
Mail entries to Attn: Jr. Chili Cookoff – Make checks payable to Pasadena Livestock Show & Rodeo/ 7601 Red Bluff,
Pasadena, Texas/ 77507
ENTRY FORM FOR JUNIOR CHILI COOK-OFF
Team Name: School:
NAME SCHOOL ATTENDED
Team Member 1
Team Member 2
Team Member 3
Please attach a separate page
with names and addresses of all team members and guardians.
Teams agree to abide by all rules and regulations of the Pasadena Livestock Show and Rodeo Junior Chili Cook-Off
Contests. / Elementary & Intermediate teams must have a parent or guardian presence for the duration of the contest
Chief Cook’s Signature: Parent’s Signature:
RULES & REGULATIONS
1. Any type meat (ground, chili grind, hand-cut) is acceptable as long as it is raw and not marinated.
2. Chili blends (canned or frozen) are not permissible. Chili powders, such as Gebhardt, Adams,
etc. are permitted. (NO Chili Kits such as Two Alarm or any others allowed)
3. All chili must be started from scratch and cooked on-site.
4. No beans or fillers may be added to the chili. (All ingredients are to be prepared on site).
5. There will be three divisions. Elementary division will include students in the first (1st) grade
through the fifth (5th) grade. Intermediate Division will include students who are in the sixth (6th)
grade through the eighth (8th) grade. Senior division will include students in the ninth (9th) grade
through the twelfth (12th) grade.
6. Teams will be limited to the Chief cook and three (3) team members.
7. The student cooks must do all cooking. (Elementary Division may have one adult helper for
8. Parents, relatives, or friends (except team members) are not allowed in the student cook area to
assist the students with their chili. THEY ARE ON THEIR OWN.
9. All cooks must supply their meat, cooking utensils, cooking table and cooking devices. Cook
stove must be in good working order. Only portable cook stoves may be used. An adult must
light all stoves. (NO Electric Stoves nor Electric Pots)
10. Student cooks will be expected to keep their cook areas clean and to clean up after their cook-off.
11. Registration fee is $40.00 per team.
12. Turn-in time for chili will be 1:00pm. Cooks will be allowed to set up beginning at 8:00am on
the day of the turn-in, October 1, 2011. (No vehicles will be allowed after 8:30am)
13. Two (2) places (first and second) will be awarded for each division.
14. A showmanship trophy will be awarded for each division (example = decorations, skits, and
costumes etc… (NO alcoholic beverages or beer logos may be used for decorations)
15. There will be a People’s Choice award given for the team who receives the most tickets collected
from People’s Choice Taster cups. (Cook plenty for taster cups)
16. A plaque will be awarded to the school with the most representation at the cook-off.
17. Judging will be run by a secret number system and each chief cook is responsible for his/her
judging cup and secret number. (Each division will have separate colored tickets)(Final Scores
will be available)
18. Decision of the judges will be final. The Pasadena Livestock Show and Rodeo Cook-Off
Committee will not be responsible for loss of equipment or injury to any cook, teammate or other
GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL!!!