Information Technology Manager with more than eight years of experience improving business processes
through IT solutions. Significant firm-wide planning and project management experience.
• Strong management background includes strategic planning, network design and security, contracts and
procurement, vendor relations and customer training.
• Effective research skills elevating firm IT capabilities, supporting current needs of firm and providing
for future growth.
• Considerable hands-on experience with telecommunications and computer network infrastructure.
• Excellent communication skills. Able to effectively translate technical information and procedures to
non-technical users. Experienced presenting to firm and client senior management.
• Firm Associate said, “Brad is always responsive to the growing needs of the various practices at our
firm. He has a tremendous ability to capture problems before they begin and cure technology-related
issues seamlessly when they occur. Our clients demand excellence, and we can only provide that to them
with the efficient technological capabilities that Brad brings to our firm.”
Head of Technology, Gibney, Anthony & Flaherty, LLP, New York, New York (2003-present).
Direct and support all technology and telephony services for this 150+ person law firm.
• Supervise two full-time IT analysts.
• Develop, research and manage IT projects to best support business needs with most current
• Manage network servers, switches and routers. Provide network security and virus protection, spyware
and adware. Oversee high level desktop, laptop, remote access and BlackBerry support to all users.
• Negotiate terms for all vendor services and outside service contractors.
• Managed infrastructure design during a 60% growth in staff, a full data center expansion and opening of
a new San Francisco office. Project Leader for expansion to additional floor in New York office.
• Develop policies concerning the use and application of new technology while limiting potential risk.
• Participate in RFP presentations, providing significant technological presence to major clients.
• Develop client-specific customized processes and reports for ImmigrationTracker software, allowing for
transparency of work prepared by the firm and greater visibility of upcoming expirations and possible
Department of Labor violations.
• Designed and implemented full network conversion from Novell Netware 5.5 to Windows Server 2003
with Active Directory. Upgraded desktop operating systems from Windows NT4 to Windows XP.
• Migrated network infrastructure to Windows Server 2008 R2. Upgraded desktop operating systems to
Windows 7 with Office 2010.
• Designed and implemented fully redundant network with active failover by employing VMWare ESX.
• Implemented active asset inventory, monitoring, and alert system for major network events.
• Planned and implemented Citrix XenApp remote access suite allowing remote capability for all users.
• Created off-network investigation site enabling untraceable Internet investigations.
• Configured and deployed ShoreTel IP Telephony System with integrated web Conference Bridge.
• Developed application and policy packages for deployment through Active Directory.
• Maintain up-to-date budget and report on current budget targets quarterly to managing partners.
Brad Schwarz Page 2
Head of Technology, Gibney Onboarding Services, LLC, New York, New York (2007-present).
Founded, with firm partner, this software as a service company that provides electronic Form I-9 completion
and e-verify services to clients.
• Supervise three full-time developers, one full-time analyst and manage up to 10 contract employees
during special client projects.
• Manage software development and oversee updates and maintenance, ensuring compliance with DOL
and USCIS requirements. Develop processes to ensure efficient use of company systems. Instruct and
educate client end users.
• Provide web site design and brand development.
• Assist in preparation and presentation of marketing materials to prospective clients.
• Developed and maintain custom web-based bug tracking software.
• Designed and maintain custom billing formats.
• Maintain up-to-date profitability reports based on current and projected income and expenses.
• Server Software: Windows NT/2000/2003/2008, Citrix XenApp, Norton Ghost, Symantec BackupExec,
Symantec AntiVirus Enterprise, ScriptLogic, Prism Deployment Suite, SpiceWorks, Orion Solarwinds
Network Performance Monitor, WhatsUpGold.
• Desktop Applications: Windows 9x/NT/2000/XP/7, Mac OS, MS Office Suite, FrontPage, Publisher,
Visio, Filemaker Pro, Dreamweaver, Adobe Acrobat and Adobe Photoshop.
• Languages: MS SQL, MySQL, PHP, ASP, XML, (X)HTML, VBScript.
• Hardware: Routers, switches, IP telephony, wireless access points, wireless bridges and PC
Bachelor of Science, Computer Systems Engineering, Boston University, Boston, Massachusetts (2002).
Ice hockey, inline hockey, snowboarding, wakeboarding, sailing, fishing, photography, and travel.