Date 1st Attempt Date 2nd Attempt
Student Name: Student Number:
Student Phone Number: Student email:
Program Name Program Code
Module/Unit Name Install and configure a network Module/Unit Code ICAI4097B
Install and maintain a server ICAI4188B
Networks Server Cluster Install software to networked computers ICAS4030B
Manage simple projects PSPPM402B
Assessment/Assignment Server cluster assignment 38 Date Due: Date
Students should undertake to complete this assignment to help familiarise themselves with the installation of Windows 2000 server
in Primary Domain Server role. Students should also take notes throughout the patching process as these notes can be transcribed
into their engineering journal for use throughout the ICT courses.
Assessor: Please record any adjustment to this assessment on the reverse of this form – eg written assessment
I declare that no part of this assessment/assignment has been copied from any other person's work, except where due acknowledgment is
made in the text, and no part of this assessment/assignment has been written for me by any other person except where such collaboration has
been authorised by the assessor concerned.
The Department of Employment and Training (DET) is collecting the information on this form for assessment/assignment purposes. Only
authorised departmental officers have access to this information. If required for audit purposes, your details may be forwarded to officers from
the relevant Industry Training Advisory Board or other technical experts/advisors. If you are an apprentice/trainee, your personal information,
attendance details, progress and results will be disclosed to your employer. If you are under the age of 18 years your personal information,
attendance details and results may be disclosed to your parent/guardian. Your personal information will not be disclosed to any other third
party without your consent, unless authorised or required by law.
RESULT: ATTEMPT 1 Competent Not Yet Competent
Assessor's Assessor's Date:
RESULT: ATTEMPT 2 Competent Not Yet Competent
Assessor's Assessor's Date:
Acknowledgement - Please include a stamped self-addressed envelope if you require this receipt returned by mail
STUDENT TO COMPLETE OFFICE USE ONLY
Student Name: Date received:
Page 1 of 3
Server Cluster Lesson 38
Configuring IAS as a RADIUS Proxy
Objective – to configure a RADIUS proxy. IAS can be used as a RADIUS proxy. IAS
can be used as a RADIUS proxy to provide the routing of RADIUS messages between
RADIUS clients (access servers) and RADIUS servers that perform user authentication,
authorization, and accounting for the connection attempt. When used as a RADIUS
proxy, IAS is a central switching or routing point through which RADIUS access and
accounting messages flow.
This activity adds the RADIUS proxy, which will contact the RADIUS server on behalf
of RRAS. The server SERVER01 is functioning in multiple roles (as a RRAS server,
RADIUS Server, and a RADIUS proxy.)
1. Verify that you are at the SERVER01 server with the Routing and Remote Access
2. Restore the Internet Authentication Service console.
3. To create a connection request policy, expand Connection Request Processing
in the console tree, click Connection Request Policies in the console tree, click
the Action menu, click New Connection Request Policy, click Next, type Allow
Course Remotes in the Policy name text box, and then click Next.
4. To specify the remote RADIUS server, verify that the Authenticate connection
requests on this server option is selected, click Next, type TEST? In the Realm
name text box, clear the Before authentication, remove the realm name from
the user name check box, click Next, and then click Finish.
5. Return to the SERVER02 server.
Page 2 of 3
6. To connect to the Routing and Remote Access server, click Start, click Connect
To, click Course, type RASUser in the User name text box, and then type
Password1 in the Password text box. Click Dial.
7. Wait for the connection to complete. Verify that the Course is now connected
balloon appears on the taskbar.
8. To disconnect the communications, right-click the Dial-up connection icon, and
then click Disconnect.
9. Close all open windows, and then shut down the SERVER02 server.
10. Return to the SERVER01 server. Close all open windows, and then shut down the
The following questions are to be answered using any means at your disposal to recover
the answers. Circle the correct response.
1. Match the server type to the proper definition.
1. IAS a. Performs authentication, authorization for its access clients
2. RADIUS b. Forwards incoming requests to specific servers for additional
3. RADIUS c. Performs authentication, authorization on behalf of a RADIUS client
4. RADIUS d. As a component of Windows Server 2003, performs centralized
authentication, authorization, auditing, and accounting functions
2. Professor Chunder has lectured on RADIUS. You decide that your network
could benefit from a RADIUS proxy. Which of the following willyou include
in the memo to your boss?
a. Use cross-forest authentication
b. Provide load balancing
c. Use connection policies
d. Provide fault tolerance
Page 3 of 3