Kevin R. Hayden
President and C.A.O.
What is “Health Information”?
• Public Health?
• Bio-terrorism Preparedness?
• Quality/Value Information?
What’s Happening Today?
• WI Collaborative for HC Quality (WCHQ)
• WHA Information Center
• Milwaukee Health Information Exchange
Who are the Stakeholders?
• Public / Government
Compete / Cooperate?
• Stakeholders as Competitors: Who is my friend here
• Patients demand structural improvement in our delivery
• Payers want to pay less but speak to incentives for quality
• Providers want to improve - leverage their reputation
• Government Role? Dynamic definition of public-private
• What was it? What should it be?
• Is the Board “neutral” or does it have a
• Have Government initiatives achieved their
• Can private sector initiatives answer the concerns
that brought us here today?
• Is a government role imperative?
• Can we achieve the comparability and
interoperability of current reporting tools and
include future models?
• Where does the patient fit in today’s equation:
Does (can) the patient readily understand?