KARNATAKA POWER CORPORATION LIMITED
(RAICHUR THERMAL POWER STATION)
No.KPCL/2009-10/Work_Indent9 Office of the
Chief Engineer (Civil Thermal),
Raichur Thermal Power Station,
Karnataka Power Corporation Ltd.,
Date: 10th February 2010
NOTICE INVITING TENDER
(TWO COVER SYSTEM)
(Through e-Procurement Portal only)
01. The Chief Engineer (Civil Thermal) invites item rate tenders from eligible
tenderers registered in KPCL for the following works of RTPS detailed in the
table given below.
02. Tender documents may be downloaded from Government of Karnataka
e-procurement website https://eproc.karnataka.gov.in under login for
After login to Contractors, Please scroll down to the right side bottom to see
List of tenders, Please click there to find the details of NIT and download
copy of the tender. The tender can be downloaded in the portal as per
prescribed date and time published in the portal. Only interested
Contractors who wish to participate should remit on line transaction fee for
tender after registering in the portal. The transaction fee is non-refundable.
03. Tenders must be accompanied by Earnest Money Deposit which should be
paid online through e-Procurement portal using any of the following
a) Credit Card,
b) Direct Debit,
c) National Electronic Fund Transfer (NEFT),
d) Over the Counter (OTC)(only through designated branches of Axis Bank)
04. Tenders must be electronically submitted (online through internet) within
the date and time published in e-procurement portal. First Cover Tenders
will be opened at prescribed time and date in the e-procurement portal, in
the presence of the Tenderers who wish to attend at the Office of the Chief
Engineer (Civil Thermal), KPCL, RTPS, Shaktinagar – 584 170, Raichur
05. Other details can be seen in the tender documents.
EMD @ 2%
of Amount Tender
value of period for Class of
Sl. put to processing
Name of work works completion contrac
No Tender fees (Non
(Rupees of work -tor
(amount in refundable)
1. Depot collection
of 50mm size
As per months
machine crushed Class-II
26.03 52,100/- e-proc including
stone ballast in & above
Calendar of Events:
Last date for receipt of tenders on 12-03-2010 upto 4.00 pm
Date of opening of technical bid is on 19-03-2010 at 11.00am.
01. Any reputed individual/Company registered with KPCL are eligible to apply.
02. No Joint Venture /Consortium are permissible.
03. Tenderers shall not be under declaration of ineligibility for corrupt and
fraudulent practices issued by the Government of Karnataka.
04. None of the contracts of the tenderer should have been terminated/
foreclosed on account of his default in KPC or else where during last ten
05. The bidder should have following documents;
a. Income tax PAN.
b. K. VAT clearance certificate
c. K-VAT registration certificate & composition
d. Independent PF code.
e. Service tax registration certificate.
06. MINIMUM PRE-QUALIFYING REQUIREMENTS:
To qualify for awarding the contract the tenderer should have in his name
in the last five years. (i.e. 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07, 2007-08 and 2008-
i) The bidder should have satisfactorily completed in the last five years i.e.
2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07, 2007-08 and 2008-09 as prime contractor
at least one civil work of value not less than Rs.13.00 lakhs against a
single tender . The certificate issued by the competent authority not
below the rank of Chief Engineer in case of KPCL works and not below
the rank of Executive Engineer in case of other Government organization
is to be uploaded in the technical bid.
ii) Out of the past five financial years (i.e. 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07,
2007-08 and 2008-09) at least in two financial years a minimum annual
financial turn over shall not be less than Rs.26.00 lakhs. Financial
turnover certificates shall be furnished duly certified by the Chartered
Accountant and copy of the Latest returns filed with IT Department shall
also be uploaded in Technical bid.
07. The tender is of two cover system.
The Bidder should upload scanned copies of the following documents.
COVER-I ( Technical bid)
a) Registration certificate issued by KPCL.
b) Documentary evidence for pre-qualification requirement.
c) The declaration by the bidder that none of his contracts have been
terminated/foreclosed on account of his default in KPC or else where
during last ten years.
d) 1) Income tax PAN.
2) K. VAT clearance certificate
3) K-VAT registration certificate & composition
4) Independent PF code.
5) Service tax registration certificate.
e) Declaration that bidder’s offer has no conditions contravening the
commercial conditions of the bid.
f) Declaration by the bidder that he has studied the site conditions, labour
conditions and read the Bid documents and related matters carefully
and diligently and that he has submitted the bid having studied,
understood and accepted the full implications of the agreement.
COVER-II ( Financial bid)
Tender Schedule-B (Price Bid).
08. The original documents should be produced for verification at any stage of
tender process as and when sought for, failing which, the bids are liable for
09. Rates shall be quoted in Tender Schedule-B (Financial Bid) in the website
10. For those tenderers whose Technical bids satisfy the pre-qualification
requirement criteria and eligibility criteria, only their financial Bids will be
11. The tender shall be valid for 180 days from the date of submission of
12. The tender document is part and parcel of the agreement.
13. Conditional tenders will not be accepted.
14. KPCL reserves the right to verify any information/documents furnished by
the tenderer should the circumstances so warrant. In case the information
or the documents furnished are found to be incorrect/false or invalid then
the EMD furnished by such tenderer shall be forfeited. The registration of
such tenderer shall also be cancelled.
15. Right to reject any or all the tenders without assigning any reasons rests
with the accepting authority.
16. The successful bidders shall give an undertaking that they would abide by
the provisions of the Employee’s Provident Fund Act.
17. The contractor shall obtain insurance coverage for all the workers working in
18. The contractor shall quote his rates exclusive of Service Tax but inclusive of
all other applicable taxes, levies, duties and Cess, Building worker welfare
Cess (if applicable) etc., as per the latest G.O.K. and Government of India
prevailing as on the date of NIT. Service tax will be borne by the Corporation.
19. The contractor shall quote his rates inclusive of PF as per the applicable
rates as issued by the PF Department from time to time and if any variations
occurred it shall be paid/refunded by / to the Corporation against the
20. KPCL shall recover the income tax, work contract tax, VAT etc., at the
prevailing applicable rates.
21. The bidder should maintain register of labour deployed and wages paid for
the workers and shall produce the documents whenever called for by the
competent authority and remittance towards PF shall commensurate with
the labour component for the work involved.
22. Contractor should have independents PF Code. The Contractor shall remit
PF of labourers to contractors permanent PF code Number only and “not to
the KPCL PF Sub – Code”.
23. In case the dates notified above be declared as holiday, the immediate next
working day shall be reckoned.
24. If the contractor makes any alterations in the conditions of the contract or
puts any condition of his own, such tenders are liable for rejection.
25. Any other information required may be obtained from the office of the
undersigned during office hours.
26. Further details of the work can be obtained in the office of the Chief
Engineer (Civil Thermal, KPCL, RTPS, Shaktinagar, during office hours.
27. The tender Notification along with Blank Tender Form will be accessible in
the e-procurement website (www.eproc.karnataka.gov.in)
28. Aspiring Bidders/Contractors who have not obtained the user ID and
Password for participating in e-procurement in Karnataka Power Corporation
Limited may now obtain the same from the website
29. Corrigendum/modification/corrections, if any, will be published in the
website only. For any clarification on e-procurement or request for e-
procurement training can be contacted on Chief Engineer (Civil Thermal)
KPCL, RTPS, Shaktinagar-584170 or office phone 08532 – 246164 or HP
HELPDESK – 080-22485927/22485867.
CHIEF ENGINEER (CIVIL THERMAL)
KPCL, RTPS, Shaktinagar-584 170
CC: MD for kind information.
TD/FD/DH(R) for kind information.
ED( T ) for kind information.
CE (O&M) /CEFM for kind information.
All CEs of other Projects.
CTS-1/2/DGM(F)-T/SE(O)/DGM (HRD)-T/DOF(IA)/SE(TA)/SE(CSD) –Bangalore
for kind information.
All EE’s of Civil wing at RTPS for information and for wide circulation.
Contractor’s Association, Inani Building, Near main gate, Shakthinagar for
information and for wide circulation.
District Tender bulletin officer,/(DC), Raichur for kind information.
ACCM/ED(T) Office for information and to arrange for single publication of the
notification in major/local news paper.
EE(TA) for information./ Notice Board- for wide circulation