Name _____________________ #_______
Big Bushy Mustache
1. Who did Ricky look like?
2. What was Ricky’s class going to do for the next unit?
A Go to see a play
B Read a book
C Do a play
3. What did Ricky say when his teacher asked if he wanted
to hold the sword for the play?
C I am afraid
4. What did Ricky’s teacher say to do with their costumes?
A Leave them in their desks
B Bring them home
C Put them in their pocket
D Put them back in her costume box
5. How did Ricky feel on his way home from school?
A Like a baby
C Like a grown-up
6. Where is one place that Ricky did NOT look for his
A Through a pile of leaves
B Between parked cars
C In flower beds
D Under the porch
7. Which of these did Ricky NOT use to make a mustache?
B A shoe string
C Black crayon
8. If Ricky HAD NOT lost the mustache, how might the end
of the story be different
A The mustache the teacher gave him would be still be lost
B He would have Mrs. Cortez’s mustache to wear in the
C His dad would still have a mustache
9. Why did the teacher’s eyes settle on Ricky when choosing
A She noticed he was sad about something
B He looked like he would be good for the sword
C He was raising his hand highest
10 How did Ricky feel when Mrs. Cortez asked if he wanted
to wear the mustache?
A Sad, because he didn’t want to be in the play
B Excited because he could look just like Papa
C Jealous because he was not the main character