Short Stories Unit Test Review
**You also need to know information from all the stories we read in class!**
Stories we read: Paris and the Golden Apple, Window on the World,
Borders, The Turn of the Tide, Coffee, Snacks and Worms, The Long
We will be answering the questions based on “Lamb to the Slaughter” by
Roald Dahl. This will help you review for your unit test on Monday. Answer
questions on a separate sheet of paper. If you can answer all of these you will
do well on the test.
1) What does In Media Res mean? Chronological?
2) Is there an exposition in this story?
3) What is the inciting incident?
4) What is the climax?
5) Is there any resolution?
6) Make a plot graph of the story.
7) What five things do you need to keep in mind when describing theme?
8) Pick one point of the story (beginning, middle at the grocery store, end)
and write a paragraph describing the setting of the story.
9) What 4 words can be used to describe Mary? Use quotes from the text
to back up your ideas.
10) What are the four types of conflict?
11) What conflicts are present in the story? Give examples for each.
POINT OF VIEW
12) What are the different types of point of view?
13) From whose point of view is the story told?
14) How would the story change if it was told by someone else?
15) Define theme.
16) What is the theme of the story? How do you know? Give examples
from the story.