Step by Step Instructions
Preparing the rails.
•Line up the rails side by side.
•Tape them together.
•Mark the axle holes one inch
from the ends and middle of
•Make a mark along the top of
both rails every two inches.
• The mousetrap spring should be 12”
from the drive axle. The base plate
should be glued to the rails at this
point. Then glue the mousetrap to
the top of the base plate with the
effort arm facing away from the
• Decide how wide you want your car.
• Cut the base plate to this width.
• Place the base plate on the rails so
that the edge is even with the same
mark on the top of both rails.
• Line up the side edge of the plate
with the top edge of the rails.
• Hot Glue base plate to top of rails.
Modify the Mousetrap
• Holding the mousetrap with the bale
pointing away from you. Find the top
left corner of the bale. Cut the bale
at this corner.
• Remove the parts of the trigger.
Save the parts in a baggie
• If the hole of your wheels is bigger
than the 1/8th inch axles you need an
adapter. You can use a washer or
small wheel hot glued to your wheel.
Insert the part from the bale in
the top of the effort arm.
• You are given two 1/8th inch diameter
axles, 4” long.
• Use a hammer to insert the axle into one
of the adapters of a wheel. Repeat with
the other axle.
• Insert the axle through the holes in the
• Lay the car down with the wheel against
Add cable tie to drive axle.