BACHELOR OF COMPUTER APPLICATION
III YEAR EXAMINTATION, 2009
OPERATING SYSTEM ADMINISTRATION
WITH WINDOW 2000
Time : Three Hours Maximum Marks:100
(Write your Roll No. at the top immediately
On receipt of this question paper.)
Answers All Sections as per
Instructions given in each Section.
Answer All Questions. (1 X 20=20)
1. DHTML stand for____________________.
2. NLB stands for______________________.
3. What does SMP stand for_______________.
4. A_________________ is a new kernel object that can be named and recured.
5. _____________ wizard is resed for ustoring data.
6. ________________ is the recommended file system for use with Windows 2000.
7. _______________ allow administrators to mange the amount of disk space allotted to
8. MFT stands for__________________.
9. Minimum free disk space needed for installing Windows 2000 is____________.
10. ISP stands for_____________.
11. ________________ is a central repository in which all objects in an enterprise and their
respective attributes are stored.
12. Two types of objects in Windows 2000 are ___________and ___________.
13. ____________ manages the print queue and sends the print job to the correct windows
14. __________ is a temporary storage place for deleted files.
15. _____________ is a protected subsystem that maintains the information about all
aspects of local security as a system.
16. ______________ and ___________ are two logical structures in active directory.
17. The _______ is the computer running windows 2000 server that manages all user
18. SAN stands for____________.
19. Files have to be copied to ___________ for synchronization.
20. The long horizontal bar at the bottom of the desktop is called _______________.
Answer any SIX questions. All question carry equal marks.
(6 x 5 =30)
1. Explain the two Windows 2000 clustering technologies.
2. Writer a short note on Windows 2000 Data Center Server.
3. Describe in brief a data warehouse.
4. Explain the steps involved in creating a user account.
5. Explain the fault tolerance and security features of NTFS.
6. What are steps involved in copying and moving files and folders.
7. Write a short note on Windows 2000 active directory.
8. Write a short note on domain and domain controllers.
Answer and FIVE questions. All questions carry equal marks.
(10 x 5 = 50)
1. What is meant by load balancing? Explain the benefits of network load balancing.
2. Describe the complete process of backing up and restoring in Windows 2000.
3. What is meant by basic disk and dynamic disk? How is the conversion form basic disk
to dynamic disk achieved?
4. What is meant by Automated Deployment Scheme? List five automated methods and
tools for installing Windows 2000.
5. Describe the different types of objects in Windows 2000.
6. Give the steps for installing Parallel Port Attached printers, USB printer and infrared
7. Explain the security subsystem in Windows 2000, highlighting the components of
8. Describe the following features of Windows NT workstation.
(a) Client support for PPTP.
(b) Peer web services.