How to Choose Motivational Speakers
There are a few things that one needs to consider when they are choosing motivational speakers. One
should not just choose someone popular just because everybody knows them or some high ranking
official in a company. Here is a list of what to look for when you are choosing one.
1. Objective. Each conference has its own objective. Therefore, before you go out and choose a
speaker, make sure that you already know what you want to achieve in that conference. By
doing this, you can narrow down the list of speakers that are suited for the job. Not all speakers
can motivate in all kinds of topics and areas. They are speaking from experience and inspiring
people through their personal knowledge so it would be great if you choose someone who can
relate to the objective.
2. Qualifications. The motivational speakers that you pick out should be qualified for the job that
you are going to put on his shoulders. In some countries, the speakers actually have certificates
to prove that they are indeed capable of doing what they are setting out to do.
3. Popularity. Although being popular has its perks, it is not always advisable to get anybody just
because people know them. It would be very useless in the conference if that person cannot
connect with the audience. If you can get someone who is popular or is a celebrity and who can
be the right fit, then it would be awesome as many people tend to listen to them.
4. See them perform live. If you have opted to hire professional motivational speakers, you might
as well go and watch them do their job live. By looking at them on the stage personally, it will
undoubtedly convince you to hire or not. If this is not possible, perhaps you can take a look at
their video and assess them that way.
5. Client feedback. One very effective way of learning if the motivational speakers you want to hire
are professionals and can do a great job is to gather previous client feedback. You will want to
know if they can address the issue at hand and connect with the audience. You will also find out
if they are compelling enough so that the audience will, at the end of the day, be actually
Choosing the right speakers for your conference will make that conference a success. If you do not
choose wisely, then the conference may end up to be a total failure.