Intermediate Wildlife Ecologist,
Calgary, AB, CANADA; Edmonton, AB, CANADA
Posted Nov 5, 2011 1 Position(s)
"Finding and retaining the best people to work with is among the hardest of skills to
develop. Throughout our business we recognize, respect and find opportunities in our
differences -- and we take this approach throughout the business to enable our people to
do their best work".
Chief Executive Officer
WorleyParsons is a leading global provider of professional services to the resource and
energy sectors, and the complex process industries.
We cover the full asset spectrum, both in size and lifecycle, from the creation of new
assets, to services that sustain and improve operating assets.
In our four customer sector groups - Hydrocarbons, Power, Minerals & Metals,
Infrastructure & Environment; we offer extensive expertise delivery by local specialists
across our comprehensive global network.
WorleyParsons offers our employees a dynamic work environment that fosters creativity
and diversity. We invest in our employees by offering competitive salaries, group
benefits, RRSP matching program, work-life balance, scholarship programs, graduate
development programs, recognition awards and an unprecedented array of new learning
and development opportunities.
Commitment to entrepreneurial spirit and partnership drives the company towards its
vision to be the preferred global provider of technical, project and operational services to
our customers, using our distinctive culture to create value for our customers and
prosperity for our people.
Intermediate Wildlife Ecologist
WorleyParsons Infrastructure & Environment
35,100 EMPLOYEES - 43 COUNTRIES - 143 OFFICES
WorleyParsons is a leading provider of professional services to the energy, resource, and
complex process industries. Our success has resulted from outstanding project delivery
for customers around the world.
Our Infrastructure & Environment Division is composed of highly qualified and
experienced individuals who deliver innovative and cost-effective solutions in
Environmental Impact Assessment, Contaminated Sites, Water Resources, Geotechnical
Engineering, Waste Management, Water & Wastewater Treatment, and Marine and
Infrastructure Engineering to customers across all industry and government sectors.
THE BIG PICTURE AND HOW YOU'LL BE PART OF IT
The Prairie Infrastructure & Environmental Business Unit is seeking an Intermediate
Wildlife Ecologist to join our team of scientists in the Ecological Services group. This
position is a full-time, permanent position, located in the Calgary or Edmonton office.
Overall Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities:
As the successful candidate, your duties could include the following:
• Provide technical support in wildlife ecology, including study design, field programs,
statistical analysis, and reporting;
• Coordinate field crews, and participate in wildlife components for multidisciplinary
• Manage field surveys and crews, and participate in field work as required;
• Project manage small to large scale projects;
• Prepare work plans and proposals;
• Provide mentoring and training to junior staff; and
• Participate in client meetings.
• B.Sc. or M.Sc. degree from an accredited institution in Biology, Botany, Ecology,
Environmental Science, or a related discipline;
• Registered Professional Biologist (P.Biol.) or eligible for professional registration in
• 5-7 years of experience in the environmental consulting field;
• Wildlife field survey experience, including various surveys. Ability to conduct breeding
birds or bat surveys considered an asset.;
• Experience conducting Environmental Impact Assessments for Alberta's Oil and Gas
• Experience with wildlife habitat suitability modelling methods considered an asset.;
• Experience in the development of wildlife monitoring programs;
• Project management of multi-disciplinary projects;
• Strong organizational skills;
• Strong technical writing and communication skills; and
• Experience working in BC, SK, and NWT considered an asset.
We offer competitive compensation and support your professional and career
WorleyParsons strives to be an industry leader in health, safety and environmental
performance. Our vision is to achieve zero harm to people and assets, and zero
environmental incidents. We select people who share our values, beliefs and commitment
to this vision and who demonstrate the expected behaviours, competencies and
performance associated with their prospective roles within the company.
To Apply Visit: https://worleyparsons.hua.hrsmart.com/ats
For more details about WorleyParsons please visit: http://www.worleyparsons.com
Thank you for your interest. However, we'll only contact interviewees.
This opportunity will remain open until a suitable candidate is identified.
Click here to apply for this job