ERP Best Practices Assessment
Gain more value from your current ERP investment
CDC Software’s ERP Best Practices Assessment supports
organizations of all sizes as they strive for continuous improvement
CDC Software’s ERP Professional Services and greater efficiencies in their people, processes, and technology.
can help increase user adoption and
In spite of working hard at developing and refining a strong business strategy and supporting
streamline your business processes to ensure
it with enabling technologies, many businesses have yet to reach their full potential. In many
your investment is fully realized.
instances, the key to realizing the business’ overall strategic vision lies in finding the perfect
• Maximize return on investment combination of people-skills, effective processes, and responsive, adaptive technology.
through effective utilization of ERP across
your organization While we strongly believe that our technology is the best in its class, our experience with hundreds
of EPP deployments and our continuous involvement with customers have shown us that it takes
• Create the ideal customer experience more than great technology to make a company successful.
by following proven best practices and
supporting the right skills for your customer- That’s why we have taken the best of our ERP Technical Advisory, Business Advisory, and Change
facing staff Management practice methodologies and packaged them into a high-quality fixed-cost, rapid-
turnaround offering: the ERP Best Practices Assessment.
• Increase revenue by ensuring that
customer satisfaction, retention, and loyalty
In the discovery phase of this assessment engagement, we:
• Gain valuable insight into the business
processes of peer organizations • Meet with key business stakeholders and make sure we understand your business strategy and
• Improve performance and reliability by overall vision
leveraging best practices • Identify key performance indicators (KPIs) that measure user adoption and business performance
• Increase user adoption through • Review key business processes and employee roles that relate to business objectives
streamlined usage patterns • Review change management practices and employee training programs
• Decrease total cost of ownership and get • Use tools and techniques to measure actual usage of ERP applications and look at the net
more value from your system—sooner output of transactions, while inventorying applications and their supporting infrastructure
A detailed analysis phase follows, in which we:
• Review and qualify selected key processes and workflows to rate them against industry
• Conduct interviews and shadowing activities with a representative sample of end users
• Rate application usability and performance against best-in-class deployments
• Review change management and training practices and identify areas for improvement
• Provide some immediate quick tips and tricks to improve system usage
The final report contains the results of the analysis, with details on how the organization performs
and aligns in its use of technology in achieving its business vision. The report will:
• Set out a plan of action, offering clear recommendations on the high-priority initiatives necessary
to achieve the defined business vision
• Contain comprehensive recommendations concerning:
• People: A change management and training plan identifying 3–5 initiatives that will help
your employees embrace the technology and adhere to your business processes
• Process: A written analysis of 1–2 key business processes that can be modified to help
improve business performance
• Technology: A plan that streamlines your business processes through improvements in
your application and its supporting infrastructure
With the ERP Best Practices Assessment complete, your company will have a clear roadmap for
achieving your ERP vision and realizing greater value from your ERP investment.
Learn More About CDC Software’s ERP Professional Services
To learn more about how CDC Software’s ERP Professional Services can help your business achieve focus and alignment, call +1 770-351-9600.
Copyright © CDC Software 2009. All rights reserved. The CDC Software logo is a registered trademark and/or trademark of CDC Software.