Families Today and Long Ago
By Mari Burns
How do people and places change?
• History tells us how people and places
Ancestors Help Us Learn About
Our Family History
• Ancestors are family
members that came
• Traditions can be
– Family Artifacts
Time Lines Help Us Map Out Our
• Showing events of our lives in order
Communities Are Places Where
People Live and Work Together
• Places change with time.
• People make changes happen in a
• Storyboards use words and pictures
that tell a story.
• Families pass on their traditions
through songs and dances.
• You can look a lot like an ancestor.
Who are ancestors?
What are some examples of traditions?
What are some examples of artifacts?
How are changes made in a community?