SURVEY OF INDIA
GEODETIC & RESEARCH BRANCH
17-E.C. ROAD, DEHRADUN (UTTARANCHAL)-248001
INVITATION TO TENDER
INVITATION TO TENDER
INSTRUCTIONS TO TENDERERS
REFER TO THIS INVITATION AS
LIMITED TENDER NOTICE NO. …………………………………..
Inviting tenders for Development of Website G&RB office, Survey of India,
To be submitted by 11/05/2007 (1400 hrs.)
To be opened on 11/05/2007 (1500 hrs.)
GEODETIC & RESEARCH BRANCH, SURVEY OF INDIA
17-E.C. ROAD, DEHRADUN (UTTARANCHAL) – 248001 (INDIA)
GRAM : SURSEARCH
TENDER NO. /SOI/G&RB/Web Site DATED: 07/05/2007
1.Designation and address of the officer The Director, Geodetic & Research Branch,
to whom the tender is to be submitted. Survey of India, 17-E.C. Road, Dehradun.
2. Last date & time of sale of the tender 11/05/2007 (1300 hrs.)
3. Last date & time of receiving the tenders. 11/05/2007 (1400 hrs.)
4. Date & time of opening of tenders. 11/05/2007 (1500 hrs.)
5. Detailed description of equipment to be supplied.
Sl. Description Quantity Approx.
1. Developing of Website -
6. The tenderer may please note that tender once submitted will not be altered in any case and
should not have scope of ambiguity, cutting or over writing. In case it happens so the same
should be authenticated with signature of the tenderer.
7. TENDERING SYSTEM:
The tender will be submitted in one part only, but will contain the technical part which will
explain as to how the Website will be developed with complete methodology to be adopted in
Along with the technical part the tender should be accompanied with financial part which will
have the rates of Job to be carried, service tax if applicable, VAT if applicable etc.
These two parts of bids shall be placed in one enevelope. The enevelope should be sealed
and enevelope shall only indicate the tender No. and last date & time of receiving the tender
prominently alongwith the address of Purchaser/indentor ie.
THE DIRECTOR, GEODETIC & RESEARCH BRANCH,
SURVEY OF INDIA, 17-E.C. ROAD, DEHRADUN-248001 (UTTARANCHAL)
8. VALIDITY OF TENDER:
The tender must remain valid for 120 days (4 month) from the date of opening of tenders.
9. OPENING OF TENDERS:
1. The tender (both technical and Financial Bid) will be opened on 11/05/2007 (1500 hrs.)
in G&RB office, Survey of India, Dehradun – (Uttaranchal) – 248001.
2. The representative of the bidders may attend the opening of tenders if they so desire
along with letter of authority from the respective bidders.
10. TECHNICAL SPECIFICATION
(a) Development of Homepage as desired by the indentor.
(b) Core online employee information system
i. Add, modify, delete, search and view employee record.
(c) User manipulation system
i. Add, modify, delete, search and view users
(d) System Administration, product and user management.
i. Ability to add/remove products in the database.
ii. Basic Inventory management
iii. User registration and verification
iv. A mechanism to monitor and fulfill the sale cycle of data.
v. Basic daily, weekly or monthly reporting enabling sales analysis.
vi. Manage new tickers and advertisement on the homepage.
(e) Discussion Group
(f) Online Product Store
i. Search, view and order products
(g) Open space to pilot and try new things leveraging the existing platform.
i. Latest developments, details of papers published and anything new may be
ii. Through the admin functionality, these features in the open space should be
turned on or off.
(h) Securing System
i. Application Based security features should include secure logon to the system,
user registration, authentication and active session management.
ii. An automated E-mail based verifications and confirmations.
The quote should include the rates for developing above mentioned website in detail as per list
(a) Domain Name registration
(b) Web hosting with space provided e.g., 100 MB / 250 MB / 500 MB / 1 GB and
number of e-mail accounts provided with each.
(c) Data Base Support
(d) Web designing indicating rates for home page, static pages and internal static pages.
(e) Website maintenance cost for unlimited, annual, quarter or monthly updates.
11. TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR SUPPLY.
1. Tender document should be enclosed with technical part while submitting the tender.
2. The tender should be registered with Tax department (Sale/VAT).
3. Income Tax will be deducted as per Govt. orders if applicable.
4. Rates should be quoted clearly without any ambiguity
5. Earnest money of fixed amount of Rs. 2,000/-(Rupees Two Thousand Only) in the
shape of Bank Draft/ Term Deposit/Bank Guarantee of any nationalized Bank in favour
of “E.&A.O. – Survey of India, 17-E.C. Road Dehradun, should be submitted with
tender. Non submission of Earnest Money will be treated as non qualification.
6. Security deposit will be minimum of 10% to the value of work and will have to be
deposited by the successful bidder in the shape of FDR/Bank Guarantee in the name of
E&AO, G&RB – Survey of India, Dehradun – 248001
7. Supplier who will be awarded the Job will complete the work of Website development
with in specified time for inspection & approval. In case work is not found suitable the
security deposit is liable to be forfeited.
The tender envelope should be addressed as below and not to any individual by name.
Tender for Development of Website
Last date & time of receiving the tenders 11/05/2007 (1400 hrs.)
Geodetic & Research Branch
Survey of India, 17-E.C. Road
Pin code – 248001 (India)
8. Please note that late/delayed tenders or post delayed tenders will not be considered at
9. The Director, G&RB, Survey of India, reserves the right to reject / cancel all or
any tender without assigning any reason thereof:
(DR. B. NAGARAJAN)BRIG.
GEODETIC & RESEARCH BRANCH