1 Name : Dr. Dinesh D. Patel
2 Age : 46 Years
3 Sex : Male
4 Date & Place of Birth : 1st June, 1963, Karan Nagar, Gujarat, India.
5 Nationality : Indian
6 Marital Status : Married
7 Address : Devasya Multi Superspeciality Hospital & Research
3, Panchal Nagar Society, Nr. Bhimjipura Char
Rasta, New Vadaj Road, Ahmedabad - 380 013.
8 Phone No. : 079-27642100, 27642200, Fax : 079-27642300
9 Qualification : M.B.B.S., M.S. (General Surgery)
M.Ch. (Genito Urinary Surgery)
10 Profession : Laparoscopic Urosurgeon, Endoscopist.
- Proprietor of Devasya Multi superspiciality Hospital
& Research center.
11 Attachment : Part time Professor, Department of Urology, New
Civil Hospital, Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India.
(A) EDUCATION :
Name of Exam School/College/Uni. Year Attempt
First M.B.B.S. B.J. Medical College Oct / 1982 First
Second M.B.B.S. B.J. Medical College April / 1984 First
Third M.B.B.S. B.J. Medical College Feb / 1986 First
M.S. (Gen. Surgery) B.J. Medical College Dec / 1990 First
M.Ch. B.J. Medical College March / 1993 First
(Genito urinary Surgery) (Gujarat University)
(B) WORK EXPERIENCE :
• Completed Internship from Mar, 1986 to Mar, 1987. Completed one year of
compulsory rotating Horsemanship in different equipped hospitals.
• Three and half year as full time resident in general surgery from May, 1987 to
December, 1990. Work equivalent Houseman (first year), Registrar (third year)
and senior registrar (fourth year) in General Surgery. One year of Rotating
Residency (second year) done in allied surgical specialties of oncosurgery, plastic
• Senior Registrar in Urology from January 1991 to March 1993
• Clinical assistant in urology department. Civil Hospital after passing M.Ch. from
April 1993 to March 1994.
• Running my own superspeciality kidney hospital since March - 1994.
(C). RESEARCH ACTIVITIES :
• Dissertation on “Intestinal Tuberculosis” - submitted to and accepted by Gujarat
University in October, 1989 for M.S. (General surgery) examinations.
• Dissertation on “A study of organic importance-submitted to and accepted by
Gujarat University in October, 1992 for M.Ch. (Urology Surgery) examination.
(D). REGISTRATION AND AFFILLIATION :
• Registered under Gujarat Medical Council, Ahmedabad. registration No. G-16470
• Life Member of Association of Surgeons of India
• Life Member of Gujarat State Chapter of Association of Surgeons of India
• Life Member of Urological Society of India
• Life Member of West Zone Urological Society.
• Life Member of North Gujarat Surgeons Association of India
• Life Member of Ahmedabad Medical Association
• Life Member of Indian Medical Association
• Honorary Joint Secretary of Ahmedabad Urological Association for two
consecutive years from 1997 to 1998
• Honorary Secretary of Ahmedabad Urological Association for two consecutive
years from 1999 to 2000
• Life Member of Endo-Urological Society (USA)
• Life Member of societe Internationale d’ Urologie.
(E) PAPER/POSTER PRESENTATIONS IN VARIOUS CONFERENCES :
• Paper Presented at west zone chapter of Urological society of India at Rajkot
Oct, 1993, Subject - A study of organic impotence
• Poster Presented at the Annual conference of USI at Pune in 1994
Subject - Primary Amyloidosis of Urinary Bladder treated with ND-YAG laser.
• Post Presented at the annual conference of USI at Pune in 1994
Subject - Duplex Doppler Ultrasound in evaluation of erectile impotence.
• Co-Author of the papers presented at annual conference of USI Pune in 1994
- Our experience with the ND-YAG laser in the treatment of bladder
- Renogluteal fistula :- An unusual complication of Genitourinary
- Surgical experience with horeshoe kidney.
• Paper presented at annual conference of Gujarat State chapter of the association of
surgeons of India Nov, 1992
Subject - Diagnosis and treatment of sexual dysfunction.
• A paper presented on “A study of Organic Impotence” in Annual conference
of Gujarat State Surgeons Association in December - 1997 at Modasa.
• A paper presented on “Primary Infertility” in Annual Conference of
IMA, Gujarat State Branch in November 1998 at Mehsana.
• A paper presented on “Management of BPH in General Practice” in Annual
Conference of IMA, Gujarat State chapter in November - 2000 at Ahmedabad.
• Our initial Experience with laparoscopic surgery in Annual Conference of
USCICON-2 004, Kochi.
• Our Experience of Supracostal Approach of PCNL in Annual conference of
USICON - 2004, Kochi.
• Paraganglioma of urinary bladder - An unusual and rare case of bladder outlet
obstruction (poster) west zone USICON at Goa-September - 2003.
• Duplication of Male Urethra with Glandular Diphallus with Bladder
Diverticulum-a rare case- West zone USICON, September - 2003.
(F) VIDEO PRESENTATION IN VARIOUS CONFERENCES
• Flexible Nephroscopy - A novel technique for removal of secondary renal calculi
during PCNL, USICON - 2001 at Nagpur.
• Endoscopic removal of bladder stones - 19th world congress on Endoourology
and SWL, 17th Basic Research Symposium November 14-17, 2001.
• Laparoscopic Bilateral Orchiopexy - West zone USICON at GOA September
• Laparoscopic pyelolithotomy with payeloplasty - West zone USICON at GOA
September - 2003.
• Bilateral Laparoscopic stone removal - West zone USICON at GOA September -
• Laparoscopic vesico - Vaginal fistula repair - West zone USICON at GOA
September - 2003.
• Our method of Transperitoneal laparoscopic dismembered Anderson Hynes
Pyeloplasty West zone USICON at GOA September - 2003.
• Laparoscopic left ureteric reimplantation in a case of left primary Ureterovesical
junction obstruction West zone USICON at GOA September - 2003.
• Refroperitoneal laparoscopic Nephrectomy - USICON 2005 at Ahmedabad.
• Refroperitoneal laparoscopic Pyeloplasty - USICON 2005 at Ahmedabad
• Transperitoneal Laparoscopic partial Nephrectomy in a right renal tumour at
lower pole - USICON 2005 at Ahmedabad.
(G). PAPER PUBLICATION
• A paper on Experience with penile venous surgery (coauthor) Urological
Internationalist 1993 : 51 : 9 - 14.
• A case report : Fracture of corpus cavernous following penile venous.
• Surgery coauthor urology Int - 194 : 85 : 10 - 13.
• Impotence : a paper published in Gujarat Medical Journal September. 1996. (Vol
• Extra corporal shock wave Lithotripsy-a paper published in Journal published in
Annual conference of IMA, Gujarat State Branch in November - 2000.
• Trans - vesicle repair of VVF - European Urology - 1991.
• Ossification of penis - British Journal of Urology - 1991.
• Unusual presentation of bladder outlet obstruction in pediatrics patient- Indian
Journal of Urology - 2001 Vol. 16, Page 44.
(H). CME PROGRAMME WORKSHOP, CONFERENCE AND MEETINGS
• I successfully conducted first annual conference at Ahmedabad Urological
Association as Joint Organizing Secretary on 6th December, 1998 at Ahmedabad.
• I successfully conducted Laparoscopic workshop and scientific sessions as
organizing secretary in Annual conference of Ahmedabad Urological Association
on 12th December 1991.
• I successfully conducted CME programme of Ahmedabad Urological Association
jointly with Melbourne IVF, Gujarat as Organizing Secretary on “Male
• I successfully conducted scientific programme “Newer Trends in Urology” as
Session in charge in January - 1998 at IMA Hall at Ahmedabad.
• I successfuly conducted 3rd Annual conference of Ahmedabad Urological
Association as organizing secretary in January-2001 at Ahmedabad.
• As a organizing secretary, I regularly held monthly meeting of Ahmedabad
Urological Association for 2 years.
• Successfully conducted “National laparoscopic workshop” at Ashmita Bhavan On
31st May, 1st June 2003 Ahmedabad.
• Chaired the operative workshop in Gynec-Urology update in July-2001 at
• Conducted laparoscopic workshop (state level) at New Civil Hospital,
Ahmedabad. In November - 2005.
• Chaired the poster session in USICON - 2005 at Ahmedabad.
(I) PARTICIPATION IN VARIOUS CONFERENCES :
• Annual conference of the Association of surgeons of India in January, 1988,
• Annual conference of the Indian Medical Association February, 1988,
• Scientific Programme organized by north Gujarat surgeons Association October,
• Annual conference of the urology society of India (USICON) December 1992,
• Annual conference of the west zone chapter of USI October, 1993, Rajkot.
• Annual conference of the west zone chapter of USI September, 1994, Solapur
• National Andrology workshop March 1995 Bombay.
• Annual conference of west zone chapter of USI November 1995 Goa.
• Annual conference of Urological Society of India (USICON) January, 1996
• International conference on Kidney diseases January 1996 IKD, Ahmedabad.
• Endo-Urology instruction course February 1994, Muljibhai Patel Urological
• Update on infertility and impotence April, 1996, Muljibhai Patel Urological
• Annual conference of west zone chapter of USI, Indore Septermber , 1996.
• Annual conference of USI, Mumbai January, 1993.
• International workshop and update in Uro-oncology Dec - 1995, Ahmedabad.
• Annaul conference of USICON in JANUARY - 1996, Banglore.
• Annual conference of USICON in January - 1997 at Mumbai.
• Annual conference of USICON-WEST in Nov - 97 at Jamnagar.
• International congress on Transplantation, kidney diseases and Critical care in jan
- 1998 at IKD, Ahmedabad.
• Annual conference of USICON in Feb - 1998 at Chandigarh.
• Upper Tract Endourology Operative Instruction course in April-1998 at Nadiad.
• CME programme of IMA - Gujarat in July 1998 at Morbi.
• Annual conference of USICON-WEST ZONE in October - 1998 at Aurangabad.
• Annual conference Indian Medical Association Gujarat Stat Branch (Golden
Jubilee Conference) In NOvember - 1998 at Mehsana.
• Annual conference of Ahmedabad Urological Association in December - 1998 at
• Workshop on Hypospadios Surgery in May-1999 at Baroda
• Annual conference of USICON-WEST ZONE in October - 1999 at Goa.
• Annual conference of Ahmedaba dUrological Association (Laparoscopic
Workshop) in December - 1999 at Ahmedabad.
• International Congress on Transplantation and Kidney diseases in January - 2000
at IKD-RC, Ahmedabad.
• Annual conference of USICON IN Jan-2000 at Hyderabad.
• CME Programme on Male Infertility jointly organized by Ahmedabad Urological
Association and Melbourne IVF Gujarat in Fab - 2000 at Ahmedabad.
• Millennium International Urology congress in November - 2000 at New Delhi.
• Annual conference of India Medical Association Gujarat State Branch in
November - 2000 at Ahmedabad.
• Annual conference of Ahmedabad Urological Association in January - 2001 at
• Gynaec-Urology update symposia and live operative workshop in July - 2001 At
• Annual Conference of Urological society of India in January - 2002 at Jaipur.
• Training program of Laparoscopic by Ethicon Institute of Surgical education in
April-2002 at Mumbai.
• International live operative workshop in Lapaoscopic in April - 2002 at AIIMS,
• Annual conference of West Zone Urological Society of India in October at
• Live operative workshop on Reconstructive urology in November 2002 at Pune.
• Tele videoconference 1st world summit on kidney Surgery-direct transmission
from Ohayo, USA in Feb-2003 at Nadiad.
• Live International Uro-Oncology Workshop in March-2003 by M.P. Shah Cancer
• Live Laparoscopic Urology National Workshop in 31st May-2003 by Urology
Department, CHA, Ahmedabad.
• Minimal Access Surgery (Laparoscopic Workshop) in August 2003 by sterling
• Annual Conference of West Zone Urological Society of India in GOA.
• Fifth International Live Workshop on Advanced Laparoscopic Surgery in
November 2003 in Coimbtore.
(J) GUEST LECTURES DELIVERED :
• A lecture delivered on A study of Organic Impotence to Dahod branch of IMA,
Dahod in 1995.
• A lecture delivered on “Management of Obstructive Uropathy” to Viramgam
branch of IMA, Viramgam in 1995.
• A lecture delivered on Management of “Primary Infertility” to Kadi Branch of
IMA, Kadi in 1995.
• A lecture delivered on “Primary Infertility” to Kalol Branch of IMA, Kalol in
• A lecture delivered on impotency to Unjha Branch of IMA, Unjha in 1996.
• A lecture delivered on “Management of Urolithiasis to Kadi & Kalol Branch of
IMA, at Kalol in 1996.
• A lecture delivered on “A study of organic importancee to Vadaj-Ranip
Nirnaynagar Branch of IMA at Ahmedabad.
• A lecture delivered on “Managment of Stone diseases in General Practice” to
Indian System of Aurvedic Medicine or, IKD-RC, Ahmedabad
• A lecture delivered on “Managment of Impotency” to Vijiapur Branch of IMA at
• A lecture delivered on “Managment of Primary Infertility” to Morbi branch of
• A lecture delivered on “Management of BPH in General Practice” to Mehsana
Branch of IMA, Mehsana.
• A lecture delivered on “Management of BPH in General Practice” to Ahmedabad
branch of IMA, Ahmedabad in March - 2001.
• A lecture delivered on “Myths and Facts about Endoscopy in Urology” in Annual
Conference of IMA-2003, Ahmedabad.