No. of Printed Pages : 3 MFW-057
M.Sc. IN LEATHER GOODS AND
ACCESSORIES DESIGN (MSCLGAD)
MFVV-057 : CLOSING
Time : 3 hours Maximum Marks : 70
Note : All questions are Compulsory.
1. State whether the following statements are True 5
(a) R, point needle is used for stitching Hard
(b) No allowance are made by pattern cutter
for Raw Edge.
(c) Needle can be threaded from any direction.
(d) For the Binding Operation any material can
(e) Hand must be kept on the balance wheel
during machine controlling.
2. What do you mean by closing ? How the closing 5
department is equipped with tools and machinery
name out ?
3. What is the purpose of skiving ? Write down 5
different types of skiving.
MFW-057 1 P.T.O.
4. List out five good working habits while working 5
in Closing Room.
5. Why is First aid Box required in the workshop ? 5
6. Write down 10 safety points of the sewing 5
7. Define the following : 10
(a) Throat Plate.
(c) Take up lever.
(d) Pit man rods.
(e) Head Groove.
8. Briefly explain the following : 10
(a) What is the function of Bobbin Rewinder ?
(b) Write down three types of Adhesive and
(c) Write down 4 tools used in Closing
(d) Write down 4 points regarding the
pre - checks.
(e) Write down 4 points regarding the Bench
9. Explain Needle parts and function with the help 10
10. Differentiate between the following : 10
(a) Close seam and French seam.
(b) Skiving and Splitting.
(c) 'U' Binding and French Binding.
(d) Open seam and Close seam.
(e) Underlay skiving and Folding skiving.