JOB TITLE Clinical Research Assistant
DEPARTMENT NAME Medicine / Nephrology
JOB LOCATION UWMC
CONTACT/SUPERVISOR Ian de Boer, MD
PHONE NUMBER 206-616-5403
EMAIL ADDRESS firstname.lastname@example.org
BOX NUMBER Box 356521
EMPLOYMENT PERIOD Summer Only [ ] Sum & Acad Year [X] Acad Year Only [ ]
HOURS PER WEEK Sum: 40 hrs/wk [X] up to 19 hrs/wk [ ] Acad Yr: up to 19 hrs/wk [X]
RATE OF PAY $9.73 to $12.22 per hour (Compliance with current UW Student Pay Schedule)
Physicians and researchers are conducting a clinical trial of vitamin D at the University of Washington. Participants with diabetes
are recruited from the University of Washington Roosevelt Clinics (Diabetes Care Center, Family Medicine Center, and General
Internal Medicine Clinic) and randomly assigned to treatment with vitamin D or placebo for one year. During this period of time,
participants take part in study visits at the University of Washington Medical Center. An opportunity for participation is offered
for a work-study student, who will have the following duties, responsibilities, qualifications, and benefits:
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Interact with Human Research Subjects in achieving goals of our studies, including assisting with interviews,
answering subjects’ questions, and explaining research procedures and goals.
• Assist in scheduling of subjects and sending reminders of appointments.
• Abstract data from electronic medical records. Enter data from research data collection instruments into computer
• Perform simple data management functions.
• Aiding in the management of study folders, questionnaires, and other research instruments.
• May assist in the processing and shipping of specimens.
• Perform other duties such as preparing study binders, assisting with mailings and inter-office communications,
and other related duties as required.
• Must have data entry experience or have general familiarity with computer databases or willingness to learn.
• Ability to follow research protocols and maintain high standards of accuracy.
• Maintaining security and confidentiality of study materials, and respect of human subjects.
• Must be organized, reliable, and able to demonstrate consistent attention to detail.
This position is ideal for someone wishing to learn more about conducting medical research with human subjects.
This job offers a flexible work schedule and a comfortable work environment with a committed, innovative team.
OFFICE USE ONLY
Job Class Code: 0875 0872 Grad: 0881 0882 0883 11MEDI11
51% Comp. to Classified: Yes [ ] No [ ]
State [ ] Federal [ ]
Open [ ] Closed [ ]