Practice with adjectives of
nationality and ser
• Explain the uses of ser using the acronym
Cuaderno pg 18
El mes de los hispanos
• Septiembre y octubre es el mes de los
hispanos o Hispanic Heritage Month.
• From September 15 to October 15 is when
people recognize the contributions of
Hispanic and Latino Americans to the U.S.
and celebrate their heritage and culture.
• Hispanic Heritage Month begins on September 15,
the anniversary of independence for five Latin
American countries—Costa Rica, El Salvador,
Guatemala, Honduras, and Nicaragua. In addition,
Mexico declared its independence on September 16,
and Chile on September 18.
The term Hispanic or Latino, as defined by the U.S.
Census Bureau, refers to Puerto Rican, South or
Central American, or other Spanish culture or origin
regardless of race. On the 2010 Census form, people
of Spanish/Hispanic/Latino origin could identify
themselves as Mexican, Mexican American, Chicano,
Puerto Rican, Cuban, or "another Hispanic, Latino, or
• You will make a profile of a Hispanic
person and present it to the class next
• Choose a Hispanic person and bring their
name to class with the following
information on Tuesday!
You must include in their profile
using complete sentences:
• 1. Name:
• 2. Age:
• 3. Home and nationality: (include where their
parent’s are originally from)
• 4. Languages:
• 5. What they are like: 3 appearance adjectives
and 3 for personality
• 6. Interests: 3 things they like to do
• 7. What they do: job
• You must use a 14 in. by 22 in poster
board and display it vertically.
• You need to write the profile info on it
• Have at least 1 good photo of the person.
• You will present this to the class in
• You cannot READ the whole time, you
must make eye contact.
La semana que viene
• We will present miércoles
• Have poster ready but don’t write on it until
• We will work on your script together in
class on Tuesday.
• You must have the info in English for us to
work with, however!
• Bring this info! It is a part if the project