• Setting ( Time and Place)
• Characters are introduced
• Occurs as the story continues (Story
• The central conflict unfolds as the plot
becomes more complex and problems and
• Suspense builds as characters struggle to
find solutions to the conflict.
• Is the turning point of the story
• The action reaches a peak, and the
outcome of the conflict is decided.
• The climax usually results in a change in
the characters or a solution to the problem
Falling Action, Resolution,
• Occurs at the conclusion of the story
• Loose ends are tied up
• The story ends
• Why did the author write the story?
• What does the author want the reader to
• Character’s Motive
– Why does the character act/say/behave the
way they do?
• Understand and are able to relate to
another person’s problems/issues
• You can see yourself in someone else’s