Riley T. Drake, CPA MBA
Phone: (714) 234-9512
Industry Experience Professional Experience
• Marketing and Trade Show Services
• Linguist and Technical Staffing As a CFO for Lease
• Government Services Contracting • Directed the finance/accounting functions of several Orange
• Aerospace Engineering Services County client companies (up to $30M) on a part-time contractual
• Commercial Satellite Communications basis.
• Asset Rentals • Participate in board meetings as part of executive management
teams, and furnish related presentations and reports.
Categories of Expertise • Responsibilities include providing strategic advice to CEO's and
Corporate Management business owners, financial reporting, audit preparation, analysis,
• Executive and Board Reporting cost accounting, budgeting, forecasting, commercial/government
• Banking & Legal Relationships cost proposal support, and management of accounting/IT/HR staff.
• Securing and Managing Credit Lines • Establish working capital lines of credit, facilitate cost-cutting
• Process Documentation and downsizing, and contract for outsource of IT, HR and other
• Managing Personnel services.
• Downsize/Outsource Strategy and • Design and implement processes and procedures, accounting
Implementation systems and intranet reporting tools, develop executive forecasting
• Human Resources & IT Management models, build and recommend database/ system solutions, and
provide financial advice to executives, owners and directors.
Accounting and Finance
• Cash Management and Optimization As a Chief Financial Officer
• Indirect Rates and Cost Proposals • Lead the finance department as CFO and VP of Finance for 200-
• Intercompany Accounting employee linguistic services organization during a 300% growth
• Project Accounting phase, which included establishment of a working capital line of
• Organization Budgeting credit and an accounting system implementation.
• Month-end and year-end close • Lead the finance department of national equity-backed trade
• Management Reporting / Variance Analysis show and marketing services organization, including financial
• Fixed Assets and Deprecation reporting, cost accounting, financial systems and related
• Post-Conversion Reconciliations implementations.
• Account Reconciliation and Analysis • Participated in bi-monthly board meetings as part of executive
management team, and furnished related presentations and reports.
Special & Technical Skills • Designed and built financial modeling tools to forecast sales,
• Financial Modeling and Firm Valuations cash flows, and proforma financial statements.
• International Operations • Established working capital lines of credit, and contracted for
• Domestic and International Taxation outsource of IT and HR services.
• Foreign Currency Contracts and Trade • Reviewed client/vendor contracts, and worked with legal to
• Compensation/Commission Plan ensure optimal structuring of all contractual relationships to
Development minimize legal risks.
• System Conversion / Integration
• Historical Financial Statements and As a Controller
Proformas • Oversaw accounting functions of international satellite
• DCAA & FAR Compliance communications and engineering company during growth phase
averaging 100% annually.
Software Experience • Responsibilities included domestic and international tax, GAAP
Deltek, Creative Manager Pro, Workamajig, reporting, internal cost budgeting / management, procurement, GL,
Quickbooks, Peachtree, MS Project, Excel, A/P and A/R.
Word, Powerpoint, MS Access, multiple custom • Monitored the development of long-term service contracts in
software and software-integration systems terms of profitability and resource optimization, and supported sales
designed, built, implemented and maintained team in preparation of contract proposals.
• Served as point of contact to professional firms in support of
Education annual audits, tax, and securities, and as contact to DCAA regarding
MBA, Cal State University at Fullerton FAR compliance.
BA Accountancy, National University • Built desktop financial tools used company-wide to manage
cash, revenue, costs and manpower, and implemented web-based
Certification and License cost reporting.
California Certified Public Accountant