Ramona Quimby, Age 8
1. What sort of responsibilities do you have at home? Is there
anything your family relies on you to do?
2. What was your favorite thing about third grade? Why?
3. Have you ever done something just because it was
popular and other kids were doing it? What was it? If not,
write about a time when you noticed someone else doing
something because it was popular.
4. Who is the principal of your school? What is he/she like?
Would you like to be friends with him/her? Why or why
5. Do you think teachers ever discuss their classes with each
other? What do you think your teacher would say about
6. How do you think you would feel if you heard your
teacher talking about you?
7. Has there ever been a time when you didn’t want to
forgive someone you loved? What happened?
8. Have you ever thought someone was perfect at
something and then discovered that they weren’t? If so,
how did it make you feel?
9. What is the weirdest thing you have eaten?
10. If your family had to stop spending money and ONLY
bought what was ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY, what is the
ONE thing you wouldn’t want to give up?
Do you think every member of a family relies on one
1. Why do you think Ramona was so upset with herself for following a
2. Why do you think Mrs. Whaley thought Ramona was a show off and
3. What would you have done if you heard your teacher call you a
show off and a nuisance?
4. At the end of chapter 3 Ramona is horri