Name Dr. Shahana Ehsan
Designation Assistant Professor
Ph.D in Chemistry having specialization in Organic chemistry particularly
in the field of synthetic chemistry. I started my professional carrier in 1986
as a Quality control chemist in Wyeth Laboratory Lahore. In 1987, I
appointed as Lecturer in Govt.degree college for women Pattoki. In
Overview Oct.1994, I transferred to LCWU. Now I am working as an assistant
professor in LCWU Lahore.
Contact Phone No.042-99203801-9 Ext.246
Qualification with Organic chemistry/synthetic chemistry
Area of Synthesis and pharmacological evaluation of organic compounds by classic
Research Interests and novel Microwave-assisted methods as tool for drug discovery.
Taught undergraduate, graduate, Honor and Master students. Teaching BS-
Courses Taught 4 years degree program
List of Publication
1. Synthesis of unsymmetrical Disazo dyes from 4,4’-diaminodiphenylamine-2-sulphonic acid. M.
Younas, S.Yasmin, M.A. Saeed, Badrudin, J.Chem. Soc. Pak. Vol. 12, No. 2, 1990.
2. Conventional and Microwave-assisted synthesis of 5-halogen substituted (X) 2,4-
(1H,3H)pyrimidinedione and its Biological evaluation, Shahana Ehsan, Bushra Khan, Asian
Journal of research in chemistry (AJRC) Vol. 3, No. 4, Oct-Dec 2010.
3. A rapid synthesis of β-uraminocrotonic ester and its derivatives by microwave-assisted method,
Shahana Ehsan,Bushra Khan, Asian Journal of Chemistry (AJC) Vol. 23, PP 3202-3204, 2011.
4. Synthesis ad Characterization of complexes of α-amino imidazole propanoic acid with transition
metals (Fe+3, Ni+2, Cr+3) BushraKhan,ShahanaEhsan,Asian Journal of Chemistry (AJC) Vol. 23,
No. 2, Feb 2011.
5. Solvent-freemicrowave-assisted synthesis of 2,4-(1H,3H)Pyrimidinedione and its Antiviral
activity. (in press)