Procedure to Apply
• Fill the prescribed form
• Get approval from Internship
• Get the official letter from Career
Development cell (CDC)
• Submit the official letter to
• Get the letter of Nomination from
• Get your Internship finalized by
the end of June 2011
• Be sure that you are not taking
a summer course and doing an
Internship at the same time.
• You are either allowed to take
course/s or to do an Internship.
Where you can do
• Financial Institutions (Regional
offices and major branches)
• Telecom Sector (Regional
Offices, large sales centers,
avoid small franchises)
• Large sized Textile Mills
• Multinational Hotels (PC,
• Fertilizer Units
• Power and Energy Sector
• Large Software Houses
• Advertising Agencies
• Multinational Firms (P&G, Unilever,
ICI, Colgate Palmolive, Reckitt &
• International Airlines
• Large Industrial and Consumer
Problems in finding a
• Contact In-charge/Coordinator
Career Development Cell
• Submit your CV
• Stay in close contact with CDC.
Be a Good Internee
• Being a representative of IMS, try to
build a good image of your institute.
• Your appearance makes your first
• Observe an appropriate dress code.
• Look formal and serious minded.
• Try not to waste your time in chit
chat or wandering aimlessly.
• Be punctual and time conscious.
Maximize your learning
• Take initiative to ask questions.
• Show willingness to work in multiple
departments and try to learn new
• Try to get involved in ongoing tasks
• Document your activities by yourself
(do not copy the work of others).
• Brief History/Introduction of the
• Discuss briefly the various operations of
• Discuss in detail your own activities or
tasks performed by you.
• Discuss in the light of your experience that
to what extent you found similarities and
differences in what you learnt theoretically
and what you witnessed practically
(Application of Class room learning)
• Financial Analysis (Horizontal &
vertical analysis & Ratio Analysis)
• PESTEL Analysis
• SWOT ANALYSIS
• COMPETITOR ANALYSIS
• Give your recommendations for the
organization in general and for the
branch/office in particular.
• In order to update the Institute
keep sending fortnightly/bi-
weekly reports at following
• Do not Copy, keep the
Completion of Internship
• Get the official letter of completion
from the organization and attach its
copy with the internship report.
(Keep original for your own record)
Do bring the original report at the
time of Viva.
• Submit your internship report to
• Schedule of Viva would be notified
on the notice boards. (Do read notice