This Boat Maintenance Services Contract establishes the relationship between a boat
owner and a third party for boat maintenance. All of the relevant terms are set forth,
including supervision, quality control, use of equipment, and payment. This form
contains the relevant and standard terms for this type of agreement, however, additional
terms may be added by the parties in order to receive a tailored result that is specific to
the parties needs. Use this contract when entering into a Boat Maintenance Service
Contract with an owner or a third party maintenance company or person.
Boat Maintenance Services Contract
This AGREEMENT made on _______________ [Instructions: insert date], between
____________________ [Instructions: insert name of person or entity that is performing
the maintenance services] (the "Contractor"), with its principal place of business at
____________________ [Instructions: insert address], and ____________________
[Instructions: insert name of owner] of ____________________ [Instructions: insert
residence or location of business] ("Owner").
I. General Requirements
1. Contractor is to furnish high-quality maintenance and repair services on ______________
[Instruction: insert name or description of Boat that will receive the services] (“Boat”),
outlined in the attached Schedule "A", in a professional and consistent manner.
2. Contractor will provide trained labor and supervision as described in the following pages.
3. All labor and supervision will be employees of the Contractor and Contractor will pay all
salaries, wages, expenses, and related federal taxes, social security taxes, state and local
taxes, unemployment taxes, and other similar taxes which apply to such Contractors.
4. The Boat shall be cleaned ____ [five (5)] days per month according to a schedule established
between the Contractor and Owner. In the event the Boat would not require maintenance
services on a specific evening, a credit amount shall be calculated on a daily basis and
deducted from the monthly billing.
5. Contractor shall at all times during the term of this agreement, obtain and maintain in effect
the following insurance: ______________________ [Instruction: insert required
insurance, if applicable] [Comment: this is not provided for by law, but should reflect
the agreement of the parties]
6. The Owner may from time to time issue equipment to the Contractor for use while
performing services. The cost to replace/repair any damage caused by Contractor personnel
to such equipment beyond normal wear and/or usage will be the responsibility of the
7. Contractor shall comply with all applicable laws and rules of federal, state and local
8. The Contractor shall use no products, supplies or equipment that will result in damage or
injury to the Boat to which they are applied. The Contractor shall be liable for restoring,
repairing or replacing any equipment or surfaces so damaged.
9. No experimentation with products, supplies or equipment shall be performed on the Boat
without prior written approval of Owner.
10. A list of products and supplies to be used shall be furnished to the Owner prior to Contractor
11. _____________________________________ [Instruction: Set forth any additional
II. Supervision and Quality Control
1. Contractor is solely responsible for supervising the maintenance services and ensuring
2. Prior to performing any maintenance, Contractor's employees will be adequately trained at
3. _____________________________________ [Instruction: insert any additional quality
III. Supplies and Equipment
1. Contractor shall supply all equipment and maintenance supplies necessary to perform
services set forth in this agreement. Items excluded are: _______________ [Instruction:
insert any excluded supplies]. These items will be supplied by the Owner. Boat shall be
continually serviced to maintain its efficiency and appearance. This equipment shall include,
but not be limited to, _______________ [Instruction: insert any equipment].
2. The Owner reserves the right to require Contractor to change products used, if in the Owner’s
opinion the products used do not achieve quality results.
3. The Owner may also provide supplies to Contractor. In the event the Owner provides the
supplies, Contractor will reimburse the Owner.
4. _____________________________________ [Instruction: set forth any additional terms
related to supplies and equipment].
1. In addition to the liability imposed by law upon Contractor due to other damage to property
or personal injury (including death) arising from its assumption of operations under this
Agreement, Contractor hereby agrees to defend, indemnify and save the Owner, its agents,
officers and directors harmless against any and all loss, damage, liability, claims, demands or
costs (including attorney fees) resulting from injury or harm to persons or property
(including, without limitation, Contractor's Contractors or property), excepting only such
injury or harm as may have been caused solely by the willful misconduct or gross negligence
of the Owner or its agents, officers, directors or employees. Contractor's activities shall be
deemed to include those of subcontractors.
2. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, the defense and indemnify provisions of this
A. Claims due to the use, misuse or failure of any vehicle even though such vehicle
may be rented, loaned or furnished to Contractor by the Owner. This includes
claims for damage to the Owner's property.
B. _____________________________________ [Instruction: set forth any
additional areas for indemnification].
1. The Owner shall have the right to assign this Agreement to any successor, or to any
associated or affiliated entity of the Owner without securing the consent of the Contractor,
© Copyright 2011 Docstoc Inc. 3
and may grant to such assignee the same rights and privileges it enjoys pursuant to this
2. The Contractor shall not assign or otherwise transfer its rights or obligations under this
Agreement without the prior written consent of the Owner. Consent will not be unreasonably
withheld. Any attempted assignment not consented to in the manner as prescribed herein
shall, at the option of the Owner, be null and void.
VI. Audit and Payments
1. The contractor will invoice the Owner on a monthly basis and will mail or deliver the
summary to the Owner at its offices. The invoices will provide for payment to Contractor
within ____ [thirty (30)] days.
2. As full compensation for the performance of Contractor's obligations hereunder, the Owner
will pay the Contractor pursuant to the bid rate corresponding to the occupied square footage
of the Boat.
1. This agreement shall become effective and shall continue in full force and effect as of the date
on which the Contractor commences its duties hereunder for a period of ____ [ninety (90)]
[Comment: This number is not provided for by law, but can be any number the user
chooses] days. After that period, it will be on a month-to-month basis. Either party may
cancel this agreement after the initial ____ [ninety (90)] day period by giving ____ [thirty
(30)] days written once to the other. In addition, the Owner reserves the right to terminate
immediately upon notification that Contractor has filed a voluntary petition in bankruptcy or
is seeking similar relief in another forum, that Contractor is the debtor identified in an
involuntary petition in bankruptcy, or if the Owner has reasonable grounds to believe that
Contractor is insolvent and has committed an act of bankruptcy.
Any claim for future damages against the Owner for failing to fulfill the terms of this
Agreement or to give the prescribed amount of notice to terminate shall be limited to those
damages occurring during or resulting from the Owner's failure to provide Contractor with
the prescribed notice.
Forbearance or neglect on the part of the Owner to insist upon compliance by the Contractor with
the terms of the Agreement shall not be construed or constitute a waiver of its rights hereunder.
© Copyright 2011 Docstoc Inc. 4
© Copyright 2011 Docstoc Inc. 5
Services will be provided to all areas of Boat except ______________________ [Instruction:
insert locations where services will not be provided, if applicable] and certain other
designated spaces. On ______________________ [Instruction: insert day(s)] the following
areas will be serviced: ______________________ [Instruction: insert locations where services
will be provided].
Engine Daily Weekly Monthly 6 months
Oil Leaks __________//_____________//_____________//__________
Oil Pressure __________//_____________//_____________//__________
Fresh Water System __________//_____________//_____________//__________