Sr. Software Engineer located in Morganville, NJ. This is a direct placement opportunity,
with a salary range of $100-140,000.
Leader in optical fiber processing technologies, producing equipment for every step from
stripping through proof testing.
Reports to: VP R&D
Purpose of the position:
The Senior Software Engineer will be working to develop control software for automated fiber
processing equipment. He/She will be part of an R&D team with responsibility for the design,
coding and unit testing of software for machine control, image processing and recognition,
process logic and GUI. He/She should be an effective team player and be able to work
independently on problems as part of a distributed software team. The successful candidate will
work with hardware, applications and marketing to understand system/marketing requirements
and map them to software design.
Major duties and responsibilities:
• Develop new control software for automated fiber processing equipment
• Work with the applications group to improve the usability and the capabilities of highly
specialized and flexible software
• Improve, maintain and debug existing code base
• Establish and maintain a unified distributed software revisioning system that improves
collaboration with other software engineers
• Develop a robust software release process to manufacturing
• Strengthen strategically the company IP portfolio (patents and knowhow) to create further
value and differentiation.
• BS or Master in computer science or related field.
• Minimum 3 years experience in software development using C++/C# for machine control
• Experience in Object-Oriented and multi-threaded software design and development is
• Technical competency with Visual C++, MFC and C# in the Windows programming
environment is required
• Experience with machine control/device drivers development
• Embedded system/real time experience would be helpful
• image signal processing and image recognition experience
• Excellent communication, teamwork and leadership skills
• Experience with the development of software interfacing with databases, and development of
data analysis software is a plus
• Must be self-disciplined, highly productive and work effectively in a small team.
• Ability to “think out of the box" and express creative thinking and innovative ideas.
• Positive, enthusiastic, focused, polished and genuine in all internal and external
correspondence & interactions.
1. Customer satisfaction
2. Development of new features
3. Effectiveness of the release process and software installation
4. Software stability, usability and documentation
5. IP portfolio
Account Recruiting Manager