SCIENCE ANNUAL PLAN
DATE DOMAIN TOPICS OBJECTIVES PROJECT
- Matter - Know the main characteristics of Natural Resources
- Elements and Compounds
- Identify the physical and
August - cognition/thinking - Mixtures chemical properties of matter.
- First Atomic Models - Identify the different atomic
models that have been proposed
- Modern Atomic Theory over time.
- Electronic Configuration
- Development of the periodic - Know about the different stages Natural Resources
table in the development of the periodic
October cognition/thinking table
- Reading the periodic table
- Know the main characteristics
- Tendencies in the periodic and uses of the periodic table.
- Element Groups
- Ionic bonding - Know the chatacteristcs of the Natural Resources
different kinds of chemical
- Covalent bonding bondings
- Naming chemical compounds - Naming chemical compounds.
cognition/thinking - Shape of some small - Identify the different kinds of
molecules chemical equations.
- The nature of chemical
- Chemical equations
- Classifying chemical
- Chemical measurments - Know the different forms of Saving the Planet
cognition/thinking - Mole conversions
- Identify the effects of the
January physical/psychomotor - Empiric and molecular different relationships between
formulas mass and volume in chemical
- The nature of chemical - Know the chatacteristcs of Saving the Planet
solutions chemical solutions.
- Concentration - Calculate differnt forms of
physical/psychomotor chemical concentration.
- Forming solutions
February - Identify chemical equilibrium.
- Coligative properties
- Chemical equilibrium
- Acids and Bases - Identify the different kinds of Saving the Planet
cognition/thinking - Definition - Identify the different kinds of
physical/psychomotor - Classification
- Distinguish between reactions of
March - Naming system acids and bases in the laboratory.
- Redox reactions - Identify a Redox reaction. Human Health
cognition/thinking - Kinds of reactions - Know about the applications of
Redox reactions in everyday
physical/psychomotor - Applications situations.
April - May - Balancing
- Reaction rate
- Carbon and its importance - Identify organic compounds Human Health
from their formulas.
cognition/thinking - Naming organic compounds
- Name the different kinds of
physical/psychomotor chemical compounds.
June - Identify organic compound