Presentation by Jacinta Mba
What is Virtual Reality?????
• Virtual Reality- • Vir`tu*al- existing in
creating a virtual essence or effect, but
environment in which not in actual form
the user manipulates • Re*al`i*ty- the state
objects and of being true
surroundings to be of • Immersive- to
a real existence become deeply
Types of VR to be Discussed
• Augmented VR
What is Immersive VR????
• A type of VR in which the user becomes
immersed (deeply involved) in a virtual
world. It is also a form of VR that uses
computer related components.
• HMD or Head
which is the helmet
the user wear. Inside
the helmet is a
display that allows the
image to remain in
front of your eyeballs
regardless of your
• A glove that can sense the position of the finger
which can be used to control and interact with
the virtual images being displayed.
Types of Non-immersive VR
• Text-based VR – when a reader of a
certain text form a mental model of this
virtual world in their head from the
descriptions of people, places, and things.
• Augmented VR- the idea of taking what is
real and adding to it in some way so that
the user obtains more information from
A Few Facts:
• Virtual reality has been around since the
• Coined by Jaron Lanier
• One of the newest forms of technology in
the computer world
Everyday use of VR
Everyday use of Virtual reality
Daydreaming Reading Video Games
• What does HMD stand for?
• Name the different types of VR?
• Name the components that makes up
• Bonus- Name another form of VR not
mentioned in the presentation.