C a b b a g e B u t t er
200g sliced red cabbage 2 slices of bread made into bread crumbs
4 whole leaves of cabbage 1 Tablespoon Oil
1 eating apple Two pieces of chive
4 sausages (meat of vegetarian) Two raisins
1. Ask your grown up helper to preheat the oven to 200C/400F/gas mark 6. Let them
grill, bake or fry four sausages for you, until they are nice and brown, make sure they
are cooked all the way through. Put these aside for later.
2. Next ask your grown up helper to put the chopped up cabbage and four small whole
leaves into a saucepan of boiling water for 2 minutes then strain through a colander.
The water will have turned a blue colour from the cabbage! Give the strained cabbage
a rinse under the cold tap. Put your whole leaves aside.
3. Carefully, with the help of your grown up, add a teaspoonful of oil to a large sauce-
pan, heat it up for frying and add the strained cabbage and the apple. Cook this for
five minutes then add the breadcrumbs and stir these in well.
4. Chop up three of the four sausages and add these to the mixture and stir for a
5. Brush the whole cabbage leaves with oil and arrange them in a baking dish and fill
them with the mixture, put the fourth remaining sausage in the middle. Ask your
grown up helper to put it in the oven and bake for 15 minutes.
6. Carefully remove the pan from the oven, leave to cool for a while and arrange in a
butterfly shape on the plate. Use 2 pieces of chives for the antenna and top each
antenna with a raisin.