Webelos / Boy Scout Requirements
Cub Scout Promise Boy Scout Oath or Promise Cub Scout Sign Boy Scout Sign
I, (your name), promise to do my best On my honor i will do my best
To do my duty to God and my country, To do my duty to god and my country
To help other people, and And to obey the scout law
To obey the Law of the Pack To help other people at all times
To keep myself physically strong
Mentally awake and morally straight
Cub Scout Law of the Pack BOY SCOUT LAW
The Cub Scout follows Akela Trustworthy, loyal,
The Cub Scout helps the pack go Helpful, friendly, Cub Scout Salute Boy Scout Salute
The pack helps the Cub Scout grow Courteous, kind,
The Cub Scout gives goodwill Obedient cheerful,
Cub Scout Moto Boy Scout Moto
Do Your Best Be Prepared
Boy Scout Slogan
Boy Scout Badge Do a good turn daily
Eagle and Shield Cub Scout Handshake Boy Scout Handshake
Stand for Freedom Three Points
And readiness to Three parts of the
Defend freedom Scout Oath and
Two Star Points the way
Ideals of Truth In life as truly as
And Knowledge A compass
Webelos Badge Requirements
1. Have an adult member of your family read and sign Webelos Compass Points
the Parent Guide in this book After you have earned the Webelos badge, you can earn the
compass point emblem. It is awarded after you earn four more
2. Be an active member of your Webelos den for 3 months activity badges in addition to the three you earned for the Webelos
(attendance, dues, den projects) badge. This is a total of seven. You then get a compass points
for each additional four activity badges.
3. Know and explain the meaning of the Webelos badge.
4. Point out and explain the parts of the Webelos Scout Webelos Activity Badges (20 potential badges)
uniform. Tell when to and when not to wear it. Aquanaut, Artist, Athlete, Citizen, Communicator, Craftsman,
Engineer, Family Member, Fitness, Forester, Geologist, Handyman,
5. Earn Fitness and two other activity badges- one from Naturalist, Outdoorsman, Readyman, Scholar, Scientist, Showman,
each of two different activity badge groups. Sportsman, and Traveler.
6. Plan and lead a flag ceremony in your den. Webelos Arrow of Light
1. Be active in our Webelos den for at least 6 months
7. Show that you know and understand the requirements 2. Repeat from memory the Scout Oath or promise, 12 points of
to be a Boy Scout. Scout Oath or Promise, Scout Law, the Scout Law. Tell how you practiced them in your daily life.
Scout motto, Scout slogan, Scout salute, Scout sign, Give and explain the Scout motto, slogan, salute and sign.
Scout handclasp, and Outdoor code. Know the Scout badge. Tell how the Boy Scout uniform is different.
3. Earn five more activity badges over the four you earned from
8. Earn the religious emblem of your faith. Or do two your Webelos badge.
of the following: ( the following are abbreviated) 4. Attend a Troop meeting with your den, and a troop outing
- Attend a church and talk to your religious leader 5. Participate in a Webelos overnight campout or day hike.
- Tell how your religious belief fits in with Scouting 6. After you have complete the above five requirements visit a
- List and do two things to help you draw closer to God Troop and talk to the Scoutmaster about joining.
- Pray to God daily
- Understand the direction of your religious Leader
- List at least two ways you believe have lived with your