February 17, 2011
All interested Bidders
Re: Invitation to Bid
Fred’s Home Discount Store
200 Clinton Boulevard
Attached are the Instructions to Bidders for this project. Your proposal will be based on the full
package and your inclusion of all items. The items include the following:
Invitation to Bid (with Instructions to Bidders dated February 17, 2011, copy attached).
Asbestos Survey Report prepared by Terracon Consultants, Inc. dated June 9, 2010.
The Asbestos Survey Report is available on CD version format from DBS at no charge, or may be
downloaded from DBS Website at www.dbscorporation.com. You must register online before you
download the Report.
All Proposals are to be received by DBS Corporation not later than 3:00 P.M. Eastern on Tuesday,
March 1, 2011. Proposals may be faxed to us at 423.752.1312 and followed with original hard copy of
the proposal within 24 hours, or emailed to email@example.com.
We appreciate your interest in working with us. Your proposal is very important to us and is a
determining factor in the success of the project. If you have questions, please call me.
Michael M. Davis, FCSI, CDT
cc: Cliff Martin
506 Broad Street Chattanooga TN 37402
Ph 423.752.1302 Fax 423.752.1312
INSTRUCTIONS TO BIDDERS
FRED’S HOME DISCOUNT STORE
FEBRUARY 17, 2007
1. This project is in Clinton, MS.
2. All permits, licenses, taxes, and insurance for your work are to be included in your proposal.
3. The Abatement Contractor will be responsible for all required notifications required for this scope of
4. Successful bidders will need to execute a Contract Agreement directly with the Owner.
5. All bidders are to verify and be responsible for all state and local licensing requirements before
submitting a proposal. Bidders are to provide license number and limits on their proposal as
6. Each bid shall include the number of calendar days required to complete the scope of work.
7. Each Proposal shall contain a copy of the Contractor’s license to show proof of Contractor’s proper
licensing for this scope of work.
8. Each subcontractor is responsible for removal and proper disposal of all debris caused by their
respective work activity.
9. A certificate of insurance will be required by all successful bidders for workmen’s compensation and
general liability coverage and listing the Owner as certificate holder and additional insured. The
coverage is to include Workers’ Compensation and Employer’s Liability Insurance not less than One
Million Dollars per claim. Also, coverage to include either Comprehensive General Liability policy of
Two Million Dollars or Commercial General Liability policy of Two Million Dollars.
10. All testing and air monitoring will be by Owner.
11. Each Contractor is required to conform to all requirements of applicable building codes and other
public agencies having jurisdiction upon the work.
12. Each Contractor is to perform all work in accordance with all local, state, and federal environmental
13. All work to be performed according to local, state, and federal OSHA requirements. All Contractors are
required to provide a competent person as per OSHA regulations.
14. The submission of a Proposal constitutes an acknowledgement and representation by the Contractor
that it has visited the Project site and has familiarized itself with the local conditions under which the
required Work is to be performed.
15. All inquiries or questions should be addressed in writing to Mike Davis, DBS Corporation at
firstname.lastname@example.org or 423.752.1312 (Fax).
16. Any Proposal submitted in response to this Request shall remain open for acceptance by the Owners,
and same shall be honored by the Offeror, for a period of forty five (45) days after the date set forth for
the submission of the Proposal.
17. The Owner reserves the right to waive any and all formalities in the bidding process. Additional
information may be requested as necessary to select the best proposal in the interests of the Owner.