Regulation for Personnel and Object Entering and Exiting Storage of
National Science and Technology Museum
Established pursuant to Guan-Mi-Zih No. 0930004354 Order on 2004.11.05
1. In order to properly manage personnel and object entering and exiting the storage
of National Science and Technology Museum (herein after referred to the Museum)
and maintain the safety of the storage and collections, this Regulation is
2. Collection manager referred in this Regulation is defined as: Staff of Collection and
Research Division assigned by the Chief of Collection and Research Division to
take responsibilities of management of storage and collection.
3. Related personnel and object that enters or exits the storage must comply with this
Regulation. Those not covered by this Regulation shall be governed by Collection
Policy of the Museum, Collection Management Procedure, and other regulation.
4. Security of the storage shall be responsible by the Chief of Collection and Research
Division and the collection manager assigned by the Chief. When collection
manager may not carry out duty, assigned proxy personnel shall take over the
5. Security management of storage shall comply with the followings:
（1）Video Surveillance: Set up at major internal and external entrances of the
storage; monitored by the central control 24 hours per day. Copy of video
should be kept for at least one year.
（2）Security Card (herein after referred to as the Card) and Holder of Key to
Storage: Control of the card is limited to Chief of Collection and Research
Division, first proxy for the Chief, and collection manager. Control of the key
to storage is limited to collection manager.
（3）Escort and control of Entering Personnel: Personnel entering storage must
be escorted by collection manager or assigned proxy; entrance to the
storage requires card reading and door lock opening procedures. Record of
use of card is linked to Central Control Room for control.
（4）Card and key to storage may not be duplicated or borrowed. If lost, then
report to Chief immediately for reset of card code and change of door lock.
（5）When Chief of Collection and Research Division or collection manager loses
the privilege of card or key holding due to change of job position, the card or
key should be returned to Collection and Research Division prior to change
6. Only collection manager and its direct superior supervisor, the personnel escorted
by the direct superior supervisor, personnel whose application or report is
approved for entering, and necessary personnel in emergency circumstance may
enter storage; all other personnel may not enter storage without permission.
7. Procedure for Personnel Entering Storage:
(1) Entering with application or report: Depending on the purpose of entering,
application or report method is:
1. Use of collection: Applicant should file application in accordance with
“Regulation for Use of Collection of National Science and Technology
2. Visit Storage: Social educational institute or academic organization in
related fields with purpose of business inspection, education, research, or
media reporter covers report of the Museum, or museum staff that needs
to visit storage may visit storage. Applicant must fill up “Application Form
for Entering Storage” (see Attachment One) and file the application.
3. Supervisory authority of the Museum visiting and inspecting Storage:
When superior organization inspects storage, Collection and Research
Division shall comply in accordance with official letter of inspection, fax,
email, or phone message received.
4. Maintenance of Collection: Regardless of scheduled or emergency
maintenance, the person in charge of collection maintenance should fill up
“Application Form for Entering Storage” and file application. In the case of
outsourced maintenance, then the personnel should file application on
behalf of the service provider.
5. Collection Inventory Check: Property manager of the Museum shall fill up
“Application Form for Entering Storage” and file application.
6. Repair and Inspect Equipment at Storage:
cheduled Inspection: Maintenance personnel must fill up
“Application Form for Entering Storage” and file application.
mergency Repair: Collection manager shall call maintenance
personnel for repair; no application form is needed.
7. Handling Emergency Disaster: In the case of emergency disaster,
entering the storage for emergency handling and report afterward is
allowed under the principle of protecting collections. Personnel should ask
for pass card to storage from collection manager or Central Control to
enter the storage and rescue, and follow “Regulation for Emergency
Processing of Storage and Collection of the Museum”.
1. Follow “Regulation for Use of Collection of National Science and
Technology Museum” for use of collection.
2. Discretion of Museum Deputy Director: Superior organization of the
Museum inspecting storage.
3. Discretion of Chief of Collection and Research Division: All other
purposes of entering to storage.
（3）Entering and Exiting Storage: Follow “Regulation for Use of Collection of
National Science and Technology Museum” for use of collection; follow
Regulation for Emergency Processing of Storage and Collection of the
Museum” for handling emergency disaster. All other personnel entering
storage shall need collection manager or Chief of Collection and Research
Division to open storage and be escorted. Application for entering storage
requires filling of “Application Form for Entering Storage” (see Attachment
Two). After exiting, collection manager shall close storage.
8. Object Entering or Exiting Storage shall comply with the following rules:
(1) Collection entering storage shall follow “Regulation for Preservation and
Maintenance of Collection of National Science and Technology Museum”.
(2) Other non-collection objects entering storage shall require entering
personnel to fill up “Application Form for Entering Storage”, on which the
object should be recorded. In the case that application is not required,
collection manager should record the object that enters storage on “Storage
(3) Objects prohibited from entering storage are listed in Subparagraph 4,
Paragraph 1, Article 8 of this Regulation.
(4) Collection manager should prohibit object that may impose danger to
storage or collection from entering, and should be alerted about whether the
object that a person carries in is identical to the object that the person
9. Personnel and objects that enter or exit storage should comply with the following
(1) Personnel and object that enters storage are limited to the personnel and
object applied for.
(2) Personnel that enters the storage should not deviate from the purpose
applied for and should be careful and cautious, keeping storage safe and
(3) ”Storage Entering Record” must be filled when entering the storage.
(4) Personnel that enter storage may not carry any beverage or food,
flammable item, explosive, natural material or biologic material not properly
processed, personal carrying bag, or back pack, except for pen, notepad,
water, necessary books, and computer. Smoking is strictly prohibited.
Camera is allowed with approval in advance.
(5) Personnel enter storage for use of collection may not enter other areas of
storage except assigned area for use.
(6) Approved visitor enters storage should be escorted by accompanying
personnel and wear gloves; no touch on collection is allowed.
(7) In order to maintain a stable environment inside storage, keep door closed
at all time.
(8) If a person in storage has any need, please notify collection manager.
(9) Any person in storage who finds any abnormal condition or emergency
issue should notify collection manager, Central Control Room, or security
personnel and take necessary emergency steps.
10. Other rules pertaining to entering and exiting storage:
(1) Open Hours of Storage: Open during office hours. If entering during
non-office hours is needed due to business requirement, then approval may
be granted with considerations of urgency and importance in accordance
with Article 6 of this Regulation.
(2) The Museum maintains the right to cancel any application for entering
without advance notice due to reasons of climate, Artifact maintenance,
storage repair, or emergency issue.
(3) Collection and Research Division should consolidate “Storage Entering
Record” weekly; after acknowledging Secretary Office and manager in
charge of security matters in that Office, submit to the Museum
Director-general for review. Every record of entering should be kept for at
least five years.
11. This Regulation is reviewed by Collection Advisory Committee, passed by the
Museum Assembly and approved by the Museum Director-general for
implementation. Amendment shall follow the same procedure.