Girl Scout Junior Archery Badge
Complete six of the ten requirements. (including those with *)
1. Learn proper warm-up exercises and use them before
2. Know the safety rules for handling arrows. Know how to
select arrows of the correct size. Know how to remove arrows from a target.
3. Know the safety rules for handling the bow. Learn how to hold the bow for
shooting and at rest.
4. * Know how to dress for safety. Know how to put on the arm guard and use it
every time you shoot. Optional: Know how to put on and use finger tabs.
5. Know the parts of the archery range (waiting line, shooting line, and target
6. * Learn the safety rules for the range, and the range procedures. Includes the
verbal commands and the whistle commands.
7. Know and practice the nine steps of shooting. (Be able to name these.)
8. * Know how to score. Shoot at least one round of three ends of six arrows and
9. Go to a library or online and learn the history of archery and about the National
Archery Association or US Archery.
10. Read and tell about the Olympics Archery programs and the award-winning
Girl Scouts, San Diego-Imperial Council