GOVERNING BOARD SUMMARY
April 18, 2006
PUBLIC RELATIONS BOARD APPROVED ITEMS (cont)
• The flag salute was led by Talon Sandoval, student, Winchester Business Services (cont)
Elementary School and was followed by a moment of silence.
• A Team Plaque and medals for each student were given to the
members and coaches of the Hemet High School Mock Trial Team
• Approved Change Order No. 1 for Alpha Mechanical for the
for their accomplishment. Hamilton School 2-Story project in the amount of $28,000.00.
• Student Representative Report was given by Priscilla Luciano of • Approved Change Order No. 1 for Coastal Air for the Hemet High
Hemet High School and Brittany Procopio of West Valley High School Stadium project in the amount of ($13,500.00).
School. • Approved modification for acquisition of relocatables agreement to
increase cost and change vendor due to concerns of delivery date
BOARD APPROVED ITEMS and structural changes.
Area Administration Personnel
• Accepted State Preschool Pre-kindergarten Resource Award • Approved Resolution Authorizing Application to the Director of
Contract of $7,021.00 for the 2005-06 fiscal year. Industrial Relations, State of California for a Certificate of Consent to
• Approved continuance of program services with the Riverside Self Insure Workers’ Compensation Liabilities; and
County Superintendent of Schools for the operation of the Head • Approved submittal of final notification to withdraw from Riverside
Start Program for the period of September 1, 2006 through August Schools Risk Management Authority, no later than April 30, 2006;
31, 2007 not to exceed $781,263.00. This amount represents a 1% and
decrease in funding from the 2005-06 year. • Approved contract with Hazelrigg Risk Management Services for
Third Party Worker’s Compensation Claims Administration, effective
Educational Services July 1, 2006.
• Approved Certificated Personnel Assignment Order No. CE 05-18,
• Ratified approval of Idyllwild School Science Olympiad Team to as amended.
participate in the Southern California Science Olympiad on March
• Approved Classified Personnel Assignment Order No. CL 05-18, as
31—April 1, 2006, at Tesoro High School.
• Approved West Valley High School FFA to participate in the FFA
State Convention on April 21-25, 2006, in Fresno, California.
• Approved names for New Middle School #8 as Domenigoni Middle
School, and New Elementary Schools #9, #11 and #12 as Newport
• Opened Public Hearings, and continued Public Hearings to Board Elementary, Stoney Ridge Elementary and Currie Ranch
Meeting of June 20, 2006; and Elementary.
• Approved by Resolution the continuance of the Public Hearings for • Approved the Minutes for the April 11, 2006 Regular Meeting of the
CFD No. 2005-3 including I/A Nos. 1-4; authorize the posting and Governing Board.
publication of required Notices.
• Adopted Resolution to Remunerate Trustee Phyllis Petri for the April
• Approved/ratified purchase orders, contracts, direct payments and 11, 2006 Regular Meeting of the Governing Board.
invoices in the amount of $1,806,083.11 of which $679,455.36 is
• Accepted donation to the District in the amount of $320.40 from the
Idyllwild Town Crier.
• Adopted the Resolution authorizing the encumbrance of funds in the• Staff Report on the Professional Development Team.
following fiscal year. • Review of Board Policy 7310, Naming Facilities.
• Ratified and approved school psychology fieldwork agreement with • Staff Report regarding the Brazelton Seminar.
Chapman University for the period of March 30, 2006 through March • Staff Report regarding the Head Start Program Monthly Program.
Apr. 21 Ramona Pageant Dress The next meeting of the
Rehearsal—4th grade field Board of Trustees is
Tuesday, May 2, 2006
May 10 Day of the Teacher
May 15-19 Classified Employee & Volunteer
Appreciation Week District Office Board Room
2350 W. Latham Avenue
May 23 Recognition of High School Athletes, Hemet, CA 92545
West Valley High School Theatre,
May 25 Elem. Track Meet, 4th & 5th grade—
Hemet High School, 8am—1pm
Elem. Academic Honor Roll, 4th &
5th grade—West Valley High School,
BOARD OF TRUSTEES
Marilyn Forst, President
Bill Sanborn, Vice President
Graduation Mike Cook, Trustee
Ceremonies Gisela Gosch, Trustee
Charlotte Jones, Trustee
David Peters, Trustee
June 7 Helen Hunt Jackson & Esperanza Phyllis Petri, Trustee
June 8 Alessandro Alternative Learning
Center Graduation—Valley-Wide Dr. Philip Pendley, Superintendent
Recreation, 7pm Dr. Jonathan Greenberg, Dep. Supt.,
June 12 Hamilton High School Senior Awards
Ceremony, Hamilton H.S. Gym— Richard Beck, Asst. Supt.,
6:30pm Business Services
Mary Wulfsberg, Asst. Supt.,
June 13 Hamilton High School Graduation—
Hamilton High School Gym—6pm
Nancy Divine, East Area Administrator
June 14 West Valley High School Gradua- Rex Comer, West Area Administrator
tion—West Valley Stadium, 7pm
June 15 Hemet High School Graduation—
Ramona Bowl, 6pm