It is important for the survival of a brand in a competitive market to understand how
customers perceive and select brands in a specific product category or market
segment. The purpose of conducting a brand perception survey is to understand how a
particular brand is viewed in the market. This survey is useful when an entity wants to
know how the public views its product or service, or if an entity wants to know which
marketing strategies are most effective for customers within a particular category.
From what you know about [Company name], please answer the following questions and/or tick the
1. How long have you been a customer? Choose one.
Less than 6 months
6 months to less than a year
1 year to less than 2 years
2 years to less than 5 years
5 or more years
2. When you hear our company’s name, what main idea comes to mind (something we stand for)?
Please be specific.
3. What is it that makes us unique from our competitors? Please be specific.
4. Compared with our competitors, where do we rank? Circle one.
Much worse than competitors Somewhat worse than competitors The same as competito
4a. If you chose “somewhat better” or “much better” above, what is the most important thing about [Compan
product/service? Please be specific.
4b. If you chose “somewhat worse” or “much worse” above, who is #1 and why? Please be specific.
5. Is there an unaddressed need that we should focus on? Choose one.
Yes, please explain
6. How satisfied are you with the quality of service you've received from us recently? Choose one.
Very Satisfied – 7 6 5 4 3 2 Not at all Satisfied – 1
© Copyright 2013 Docstoc Inc. 2
7. What could we do in the future to improve your satisfaction with [Company name]? Please be
8. What four (4) words from the following list would you use to describe [Company name]? Choose
The following questions are for classification purposes only.
9. Gender — Choose one.
10. Please indicate your age. _______
11. What is your employment status? Choose one.
Employed full time (35 hours/week or more)
Employed part time (less than 35 hours/week)
Other, please specify ____________________________
12. What is the highest level of formal education you have completed? Choose one.
Less than 12th grade
High school graduate or equivalent grade
Some college, but no degree
13. Which of the following most accurately describes your personal relationship? Choose one.
Married with children
Married without children
Single with children
Single without children
© Copyright 2013 Docstoc Inc. 3
14. Do you live… Choose all that apply.
15. Including yourself, how many people reside in your household? Choose one.
16. What is your total household income before taxes? Choose one.
$15,000 - $24,999
$25,000 - $34,999
$35,000 - $44,999
$45,000 - $54,999
$55,000 - $64,999
$65,000 - $74,999
$75,000 - $99,999
$100,000 or over
Prefer not to respond
17. Which category best describes your ethnic background? Choose one.