This is a template that can be used to determine the viability of a new employee office.
This template takes into account several factors about the usefulness of a new office,
such as furniture, ergonomics, security, layout, location, and environment.
Recommendations can also be included in the evaluation on how to improve the
usefulness of a new office. This document should be used by small businesses or other
entities that want to determine whether a new office meets a variety of criteria.
New Office Evaluation Template
Employee Name: Office Location:
Evaluator Name: Date:
Employee-specific Office Needs:
OFFICE EVALUATION Yes No
Furniture and Equipment
1. Desk and computer chair are available and in proper working order.
2. Multi-line telephone is available and connected to a phone line.
3. Power strip is installed and functioning properly.
4. Computer is available and has internet connectivity.
1. Desk height is adjusted appropriately for the employee
2. Chair is adjustable and an appropriate size for the employee. The front of the
seat does not press against the back of employee’s legs.
3. A footrest is available, if feet do not rest flat on the floor.
4. Computer keyboard and mouse are within a comfortable reach.
5. Top of the computer screen is at or below eye level.
6. Computer screen is free from glare.
7. Legs and feet have sufficient clearance space beneath the desk.
8. Document holder is available and within arm’s reach.
9. Telephone is within arm’s reach and a headset is available.
1. Files and supplies are accessible and convenient to use.
2. Size is large enough to accommodate a desk, computer chair, side chair, file
cabinets, and any other equipment required by the employee.
1. Heating and cooling systems are adequate to provide reasonable comfort.
2. Natural light or task lighting is bright enough to sufficiently light the
1. Office location is within reasonable proximity to people/places
employee needs to access
2. Privacy is available if employee regularly discusses confidential information.
1. Files and records are adequately protected from fire, other damage, and theft.
2. Confidential data, printouts and terminal screens are located in controlled
© Copyright 2011 Docstoc Inc. 2
OFFICE EVALUATION Yes No
Employee Signature: Evaluator Signature:
© Copyright 2011 Docstoc Inc. 3
INFORMATION AND FORMS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF ANY KIND
INCLUDING WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NONINFRINGEMENT OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY, OR FITNESS
FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE. IN NO EVENT SHALL DOCSTOC, INC., OR ITS AGENTS, OFFICERS, ATTORNEYS,
ETC., BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF
PROFITS, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, LOSS OF INFORMATION) ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE
THE MATERIALS, EVEN IF DOCSTOC HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. They are for
guidance and should be modified by you or your attorney to meet your specific needs and the laws of your state or jurisdiction. Use at
your own risk. Docstoc® is NOT providing legal or any other kind of advice and is not creating or entering into an Attorney-Client
relationship. The information, reports, and forms are not a substitute for the advice of your own attorney. The law is a personal matter
and no general information or forms or like the kind Docstoc provides can always correctly fit every circumstance.
Note: Carefully read and follow the Instructions and Comments contained in this document for your customization to suit your specific
circumstances and requirements. You will want to delete the Instructions and Comments from open bracket (“[“) to close bracket (“]”)
after reading and following them. You (or your attorney) may want to make additional modifications to meet your specific needs and the
laws of your state. The Instructions and Comments are not a substitute for the advice of your own attorney.
◊ Where within this document you see this symbol: ◊ or an instruction states “Insert any number you choose◊,” or something similar, or
there is a blank for the user to complete, please note that although Docstoc believes the information or number may be any that the user
chooses, and that there is no law governing what the information or number